Does anyone know how old my Red Foot might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calialli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California
So this is Pebbles, I took her to a reptile store after I got her to see if they could figure out about how old she is, they said about one year but weren't too confident about that. I'm not sure if any of you can tell by her size but if you can that'd be great! I have attached some pictures below!

Sorry about the grainy quality of the first one, it was taken off of my iPad.

Also, does she look relatively healthy? I got her from a local pet store and after the fact I read about all the horrible things that can happen to them in the store (lacking proper care, etc).

photo11.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo12.jpg

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Great looking lil' RF.....I would say between 3-4 yrs old....and in great shape!.....Keep warm and HUMID*...with a varied diet and you'll have a buddy for life!~
JD~:)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Your tort looks good no pyramiding active and healthy. Looks to be a Venezuelan redfoot. Of the northerners the Venezuelan will stay somewhat smaller so their growth is a bit slower than Suriname or Guyana. She's probably between 2-3. Pet stores typically get there "babies" at 1 year old or a little older putting them at the 4" or larger size. How Long ago did you get her?

Looking good : )

calialli

5 Year Member
Northern California
Great! Pyramiding is literally my biggest fear for her! I got her about two and a half months ago!
Also, this may sound like a dumb question, but how often do I feed her each day? I've read a lot of mixed ideas about feeding, some say once a day, greens as much as her shell is round, others say every other day, so I definitely need help on that front. It's hard for me to judge is she's hungry or not!

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
^^ Feed daily i believe at this age, and if she eats all you give her, give more if she does not take some away, but i just fill up and let them waste what they dont eat! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.