does anyone know this aldab person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunsetHypo

5 Year Member
Hello everyone I am new to this forum. I have a question regarding a "tortoise breeder" who says they raise aldabras. The name is Erick Shante Paulson. Has anyone ever dealt with this person, and if so what was the result. He says that his main supplier is a man out of Cameroon the contact there is Mr. Goran. Please Please reply if you have ever dealt with either person. Thanks Gary

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: [split] Welcome to TortoiseForum.org !

Hi Gary:

Sorry, I've never heard of this person. But stick around, I'm sure you'll get more info from someone!

Yvonne

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Cameroon dealers are ALL SCAMS!! run as fast as you can the other way and DO NOT SEND any money!!
If you are on Craigs List at all you will see these cute puppy ads. Usually a Bull Dog puppy.. Usually sell for $1500 but this as says free just pay for shipping etc... They are all cutesy and sound legit, but they ARE NOT!
Just google Cameroon Scams and see what somes up!!

Sunrise

5 Year Member
Laura said:
Cameroon dealers are ALL SCAMS!! run as fast as you can the other way and DO NOT SEND any money!!
If you are on Craigs List at all you will see these cute puppy ads. Usually a Bull Dog puppy.. Usually sell for $1500 but this as says free just pay for shipping etc... They are all cutesy and sound legit, but they ARE NOT!
Just google Cameroon Scams and see what somes up!!

Hi Laura,
do you know anyone reputable who sell galap/aldabra and could export them?
TIA

Sulcatatortoiseman

5 Year Member
Is aldabra.com a good site?I know it's still making it's website but I was just wondering if there were any bad rumors about that site haha...

SunsetHypo

5 Year Member
Sulcatatortoiseman, Ed sells Aldabras and you would be hard pressed to find better animals. I got one yesterday from him, and it is truly a remarkable animal. I scoured the internet, dealt with scammers, dealers, breeders and talked with lots of people about aldabras. You won't find to many that know more about this species. I plan on getting another aldabra within a year and Ed's aldabras are the first place I plan on looking, and I am sure he will have exactly what I need.

Gary

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Never made such a claim. I raise, have kept and sell Aldabras for over 10 years now and I'm pretty proud of my track record... no complaints... yet.

I've heard of one guy in Florida who is supposed to be breeding them and he is selling them out of the egg which is the only hint that he or someone he knows is breeding them. Bob Clark in conjunction with the Tulsa Zoo is also breeding them. I'm sure there are others but not many.

Mine come from a farm in Mauritius who sells to a handful of people and has done so exclusively for the 10 years I've been involved.

There are some that also come out of the Seychells... not very consistantly. I believe Aldabras.com is out of the picture. I heard her tortoises were stolen... I don't know how true that is.

(thanks Gary)

reptylefreek said:
EJ said he breeds alabs

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
-EJ said:
Never made such a claim. I raise, have kept and sell Aldabras for over 10 years now and I'm pretty proud of my track record... no complaints... yet.

I've heard of one guy in Florida who is supposed to be breeding them and he is selling them out of the egg which is the only hint that he or someone he knows is breeding them. Bob Clark in conjunction with the Tulsa Zoo is also breeding them. I'm sure there are others but not many.

Mine come from a farm in Mauritius who sells to a handful of people and has done so exclusively for the 10 years I've been involved.

There are some that also come out of the Seychells... not very consistantly. I believe Aldabras.com is out of the picture. I heard her tortoises were stolen... I don't know how true that is.

(thanks Gary)

reptylefreek said:
EJ said he breeds alabs

Sorry, I misunderstood a previous post of your. I took your selling as breeding. But I saw lifetime support and I thought of bringing you up

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Thanks... yup still stand by that.

reptylefreek said:
-EJ said:

(thanks Gary)

reptylefreek said:
EJ said he breeds alabs

Sorry, I misunderstood a previous post of your. I took your selling as breeding. But I saw lifetime support and I thought of bringing you up

Status
Not open for further replies.