Doggy time!

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
All I can say is I love bull terriers and they love me :p Starting first is HEF he is my 5yr old male that I imported from Ukraine as a pup, smartest dog i've ever owned but is always acting like the grouchy old man that didn't get his morning coffee. The next picture is of Mckenzie, she was a local rescue female, I received her at 6wks old from a very bad animal hoarding situation....anywho she is a sweet tempered to people but hates other dogs....so she always keeps me on feet even with her crazy OCD. Next is Noah, this is one of Hef's sons that he sired from a litter down in Houston....this picture is the only picture I have of him not spazzing out and being a bull in a china closet. And Finally, the black little ball...cough cough 60lbs and just turned 6 months old is Otter. He is so sweet, even though he drives my wife crazy at times ( he normally sits or lays on her head while she's sleeping; she doesn't like being suffocated apparently). Anywho these are my kiddos :)

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
It's so fun to see everyone's pups! We have a couple little girls as well! Our Delilah is a monster compared to our furry babies!!
Tink is a 5 pound Shorkie that is an Emotional support animal for our youngest daughter. She has been everywhere from movies, dinner, and amusement parks! Drops in a bag and no one even notices her!
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1400366786.865224.jpg

Our other four legged furry is a very noisy Maltese rescue! She's a 7lb fluffy white baby that believes our 13 yr old daughter is hers! She is glued to her as soon as sister walks through the door! No photo for that little one! She's lightning fast and refused to indulge me in a photo shoot!

karlie and kevin

Cornwall
523004_432995736761774_532046830_n.jpg This is me with my pack. On my right is my 4 Rottweilers and on my left is my 4 Chocolate labs with one of my litter in the middle, all of them are my babies my life. In the background is my quarter horse Dylan who has to be the worlds naughtiest horse!!

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
:) what cutie is she a teacup?

No, her mom a tiny yorkie and dad a really small shih tzu. She typically doesn't weigh more than 5.5 lbs soaking wet!

She usually is in my bag or in my daughters arms where ever we go!

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
This is chance, he's VERY special to me. He's now a 2.5 year old pitbull (possibly with something else). This is his story, it's long but worth typing out. He showed up out in the country at my girlfriends house, running so excitedly towards her. She told me that it was going to stay the night in their giant shop that night. I went over there to meet him and he was just the happiest, jumpy, silly, smelly dog every. He was so happy to receive love. It was clear that he had been VERY badly neglected with his health. Here's his first few pictures to show.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1402505759.883709.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1402505821.180085.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1402505844.921630.jpg
Her parents called animal control the next day to have him taken to a shelter. Come to find out, he was only going to have 4 days to live. Him being considered an adult size dog, he wasn't going to be put up for adoption. My girlfriend and I scrambled to find a no-kill shelter, foster, or anything that could save him.somehow.

We showed up at the pound not
knowing what we were going to do. The manager there told us that he is in really bad condition, with demedex mange, bacterial infection, yeast infection, fleas, and a really bad skin tissue problem. She said it would take up to one year to take care of and thousands of dollars. The most humane thing to do was to put him down. So, I decide he deserve one more belly rub since he only had two days at this point. My girlfriend couldn't go in. A I walked through, I saw what a shelter looks like. There were dogs barking all through out the whole shelter. We went completely through to the end, and there he was, one of few dogs not barking. She brought him out of his kennel, and he tilted his head and put it on my lap almost immediately. I left thinking that was it.

To shorten the story, we found one shelter (15 shelters later) that would cover a tiny portion of his vet bills if we could find a foster home. We found one, I drove 2 hours to take him to the vet, they ended up covering all of his initial vet bills, and my parents told me I could keep him if covered everything and took care if everything. Now this silly, passive, and pretty well trained boy has been under my care sfor over a year. Here's chance :) I'm truly blessed. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1402506851.701916.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1402506884.487696.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1402506940.244954.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1402506997.650074.jpg

———-------------------------

Here's some great plant identification websites I use.

http://www.tlady.clara.net/TortGuide/diet.htm#plantlist

http://africantortoise.com/edible_landscaping.htm

http://m.thetortoisetable.org.uk/m/plants_19.asp

Flipper

MO, USA
That's a great story and I'm glad you were able to safe a bully :<3:

Mercy FBR

Here's Marrok (Left) and Lady Bird (Right) on Marrok's first birthday!
10338727_10152455418627298_1019291656902494028_n.jpg
Marrok is a 1 year old Siberian Husky and Lady Bird is a Beagle/Pointer mix turning 3 in October.

Behind them is the home of our ~2 year old Colombian Boa.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
This is my daughter's puppy.

IMG_20140418_173940.jpg

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1403616162.396458.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1403616269.862398.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1403616323.995732.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1403616449.229213.jpg
This is ranger. He is the best dog ever! He is a springer spaniel and we thing basset mix. He is the sweetest and most gentle and tolerant dog. He is never far from the kids and refuses to allow us to go in the Car without him. We
Went to Oregon a couple of months ago and spent probably 20 or so hours in the car over for four days, when we got home, he still would not get out of the car. His mom came to our rescue pregnant and I adopted him and am so happy I did!

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1403616676.379238.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1403616740.595769.jpg
This is gizmo. (Gizzy, gizzard) He was deemed aggressive at the shelter, and they did not even want to allow Rescue to take him, which is illegal. They would not let my volunteer pick him up, so I drove two hours to go get him. He was a scared little guy but not aggressive. He loves me and my daughter, is okay with my boys. He probably was abused so is a skittish little guy but very sweet. He ended up staying with me.
I have one other dachshund mix, I don't seem to have any pictures of him on my phone. My boyfriend kind of took him over and Nick Nack is always with him now. ;)

Mercy FBR

Ranger looks like such a sweetie! My dad has a basset... He's the most loyal dog I've ever met.

Kitkat1989

So this is my two dogs, misha and Ben. Misha is a full breed chihuahua rescue dog (blonde hair) , she is 4 years old and came to me about 3 years ago. She was badly treat and severally underweight when she came to me. She is very timid. The other dog, Ben (the black dog) is almost a year and is full of life. He is crossed between a chihuahua and a Yorkshire terrier and I have had him since he was 9 weeks old. image.jpg image.jpg

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I don't have him anymore, but this was my little Champ.

Attachments

• Image04042011191506 (3).jpg
    Image04042011191506 (3).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 13

mandzz

We have two Dogue de Bordeauxes (French Mastiffs)...Louie and Stella. He playing on the floor with my son....both total goofballs. He's also the chicken thief. Stella is our lovely girl, a smooshy face cuddle love. She's also very protective of the remote lol.WP_20140524_004.jpg WP_20131007_002.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20131221_009.jpg
    WP_20131221_009.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
This is my dog Aspen. She is 12 1/2 years old springer spaniel lab mix. I have had her since she was eight weeks old. She is very sweet, loves everybody human and animal :)ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1404450593.763623.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1404450644.162019.jpg despite her age, and having hip dysplasia, she is still very active and happy. I started feeding her a raw diet about eight years ago and I feel that that has been very helpful in keeping her as healthy as she is.

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
This is chance, he's VERY special to me. He's now a 2.5 year old pitbull (possibly with something else). This is his story, it's long but worth typing out. He showed up out in the country at my girlfriends house, running so excitedly towards her. She told me that it was going to stay the night in their giant shop that night. I went over there to meet him and he was just the happiest, jumpy, silly, smelly dog every. He was so happy to receive love. It was clear that he had been VERY badly neglected with his health. Here's his first few pictures to show.
View attachment 83312
View attachment 83313
View attachment 83314
Her parents called animal control the next day to have him taken to a shelter. Come to find out, he was only going to have 4 days to live. Him being considered an adult size dog, he wasn't going to be put up for adoption. My girlfriend and I scrambled to find a no-kill shelter, foster, or anything that could save him.somehow.

We showed up at the pound not
knowing what we were going to do. The manager there told us that he is in really bad condition, with demedex mange, bacterial infection, yeast infection, fleas, and a really bad skin tissue problem. She said it would take up to one year to take care of and thousands of dollars. The most humane thing to do was to put him down. So, I decide he deserve one more belly rub since he only had two days at this point. My girlfriend couldn't go in. A I walked through, I saw what a shelter looks like. There were dogs barking all through out the whole shelter. We went completely through to the end, and there he was, one of few dogs not barking. She brought him out of his kennel, and he tilted his head and put it on my lap almost immediately. I left thinking that was it.

To shorten the story, we found one shelter (15 shelters later) that would cover a tiny portion of his vet bills if we could find a foster home. We found one, I drove 2 hours to take him to the vet, they ended up covering all of his initial vet bills, and my parents told me I could keep him if covered everything and took care if everything. Now this silly, passive, and pretty well trained boy has been under my care sfor over a year. Here's chance :) I'm truly blessed. View attachment 83315
View attachment 83316
View attachment 83317
View attachment 83318

———-------------------------

Here's some great plant identification websites I use.

http://www.tlady.clara.net/TortGuide/diet.htm#plantlist

http://africantortoise.com/edible_landscaping.htm

http://m.thetortoisetable.org.uk/m/plants_19.asp

Blake, thank you so much to share. I cried after the second paragraph.your dog look so healthy and happy. I'm happy that he has you. I wish I can rescue all the dogs that get abandoned,sadly I can't but ppl like you make me feel that humanity is not 100% lost. I agree that most rescued dogs are very lovable and loyal animals that could be.

London a lovely sulcata!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
This post is great! I love seeing all the dogs, the purebreds, the Mutts, and hearing all their stories. I have always loved animals of all kinds but I know people who say they don't like animals, even dogs :). I don't understand these people and never will, and I feel sorry for them.