Donald's Thread

Chubbs the tegu

Location (City and/or State)
Ma
Thank You, I believe Donald is doing something special, I'm just providing his needs.
I envy ur ability and patience to raise these guys in cold weather... i miss mine like crazy and somtimes regret my decision when i follow ur thread

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Donald had his first snow experience yesterday at a year and a half old, He takes after his daddy Walker,who will be 25 years old in a few months and don't let snow slow him down. I'm not showing any pics of Donald in the snow because a while back I posted some pics of Walker out in the snow and a forum member freaked out. At that time I figured it would be best not to post anymore snow pics.But I will post tortoise tracks in the snow pics.Picture 002.jpgPicture 001.jpg You can tell by the pics that he didn't just run out and then run right back in. He wandered around a bit and got some exercise before going back to his well heated house.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
This is your thread and you should feel comfortable posting whatever pics you want. I don’t believe that your tortoise husbandry can be questioned.. 14lbs at 1-1/2 yrs is amazing!!! And they all look great! I love looking at your group.:)

Len B

10 Year Member!
This is your thread and you should feel comfortable posting whatever pics you want. I don’t believe that your tortoise husbandry can be questioned.. 14lbs at 1-1/2 yrs is amazing!!! And they all look great! I love looking at your group.:)
Thank You, Sulcata and Leopard tortoises if set up right can be kept where it gets cold durning winter and not be shut up in a basement or an indoor room or even a heated shed or garage with no access to the outside. I believe people who are raising young sulcatas where it gets cold should know this so they don't dump them when they start getting big. A couple pics of Donald this afternoon.Picture 001.jpgPicture 004.jpg

Len B

10 Year Member!
Going to increase Donalds roaming area again. He is doing well going back into his house to warm up after being out in the cold for a while and I believe he needs more room for exercise. I'm going to remove the board coming from the corner of the front and give him the area to the left in the pics. Doing this will almost double his roaming area.Picture 023.jpgPicture 025.jpgWe had a beautiful sunny February day and he spent more time out than he has been able to recently.Picture 001.jpgPicture 014.jpg His weight today was 15 pounds 7ozPicture 003.jpg

Len B

10 Year Member!
Donald is really enjoying his added space. I grab hand fulls of different chick weeds and place piles spread around his wandering area for him to find. Today I saw him eating last years fallen leaves from the maple, mulberry and ginkgo trees just like his daddy (Walker) has been doing for years.Picture 017.jpgPicture 018.jpgPicture 019.jpgToday's weightPicture 021.jpg17 pounds 7 oz.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Donald had a good day today, He came out a little after noon and stayed out for hours. He really likes the sedum in the pots that I grow for the HermannsPicture 025 copy.jpgPicture 021.jpgPicture 020.jpgWeighed him today at 20 months old, he is growing nicely. 18 pounds 14ozPicture 029.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 1

Len B

10 Year Member!
Donald and Squiggy had some outside time this week.View attachment 287653 I'm baby setting one of their clutch mates while it's owner is working Bike Week in Daytona. It's the first time I've seen it since he picked it up. View attachment 287654You can see from the pic some changes need to be made in it's care.View attachment 287652Donald reached a pound and a half this week.
I'm baby setting Donald's clutch mate again. He is looking much better. Here's some pics of the 2 of them taken last week.Picture 001.jpgPicture 003.jpgPicture 005.jpgI weighed the little guy when he got here and he is 2.5 pounds at almost 2 years old.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Donald will be 3 years old in about 6 weeks. He is doing fine and growing steadily. Weighed him today and he has reached the 40 pound mark.KIMG0884_02_BURST1000884.JPGuKIMG0900_01_BURST1000900_COVER.JPGa couple days ago for the first time I hand fed him a cactus pad.