Double Checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlewurx

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nacogdoches, TX
I THINK everything's ok, but figured it was best to ask the experts & be on the safe side.

My 4 Sullies are about 2 years old. They've been in an indoor table most of that time. I fed them some grasses, but mostly the recommended greens etc., & some timothy hay.

They finally got big enough, & I built them a habitat outside where they can eat as much grass as they want during the day. (I take them back to their table at night ... 'cause, well, I worry.)

I give them about a 1 hour soak each day in a kiddie pool. Normally their poop looks like... well, poop. Since they've been outside eating a lot (& I mean a LOT) of grass, well, there's a ton of undigested grass floating around in their water after their soak. I just wanted to check & make sure that's normal.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Most/all of the cellulose will remain intact in the feces. It will look like compressed grass if you open up a grass-based turd or wait for it to break down and look at it. What you are describing is not concerning based on the way it has been conveyed. They should still be extracting nutrition from the grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.