dry tortoise shell?

Yingg

Location (City and/or State)
California
Basking light shouldn’t theoretically need to be on a thermostat if you secure at the right height for the desired basking temp directly underneath of 95-100(this is where a temp gun is useful) but any ceramics will need running on a thermostat.
The basking light will feel hot to the touch, definitely don’t touch the bulb directly, I am also noticing your dome is being held by a clamp, the clamps have been known to fail unfortunately which makes them a hazard, I’d get yourself a stand, or better yet make one out of some timber, screw to the side of the enclosure, then hang it using chain, you can get them on rolls and chain clips🙂something like the photos👍
oh my gosh i didn't know that, thank you. the review said it was very stable 😭 oh, but i meant the arcadia fixture. is that supposed to be hot?

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
oh my gosh i didn't know that, thank you. the review said it was very stable 😭 oh, but i meant the arcadia fixture. is that supposed to be hot?
No problem! There have been instances of the clamps failing so definitely wanted to give you the heads up on that. Oh lol I’m with you! Yes don’t worry, it will feel warm when on🙂