Early Christmas present

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Nice! Any good digital scale for kitchen use is good. Do a quick google search on digital kichen scale ... There are many to choose from, pick one that suits your budget. Get one soon!

zovick

10 Year Member!
Yes I have but I'll be sure to go over it again. He is pretty outgoing already. And if I'm not mistaken he has a split scute correct.

Yes, you are correct. It does have aberrant scutes. To be exact, it has two extra costal scutes on the right side (6 where there are normally 4), one extra costal scute on the left side (5 rather than 4), and one extra central scute (6 where there are normally 5). The good thing is that these are not disfiguring to that particular animal, and it still looks reasonably symmetrical.

It does appear to be a Giant South African Leopard (Stigmochelys pardalis pardalis) as well.

Good luck with it.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Nice! Any good digital scale for kitchen use is good. Do a quick google search on digital kichen scale ... There are many to choose from, pick one that suits your budget. Get one soon!

I think this is the one we used...good up to 12 lbs or so. No issues, good reviews. Available at Home Depot

image.jpeg

Ramsey

5 Year Member
San Diego California