Eat little!

jeffreywht

5 Year Member
My Leo those week just eat a little. Always hide or sleep. Is it fine?
Temp is 75-85.
Basking spot about 100
Humid is 60-90
At nite temp is 70-80

Her poo is normal.

jeffreywht

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1389126119.918223.jpg

I gave her those and some mazuri
But she look not interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
If the tort is still relatively new to his new home then he will take a little time to adjust....however, you will want to make sure that all of is basic needs are being met and then let him become more secure and he will relax some...what type of substrate are you using and how deep is that substrate?

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
Your choice of foods is not good for little ones. Some of the greens are bitter and some should not be fed in large quantities either. My babies are not inclined to eat Mazuri much either. Try feeding some straight lettuces like green leaf, red leaf and a spring mix, all cut up nicely. Mine eat this like candy. Mix some Mazuri into the pile to help them get used to it also.

jeffreywht

5 Year Member
Greg T said:
Your choice of foods is not good for little ones. Some of the greens are bitter and some should not be fed in large quantities either. My babies are not inclined to eat Mazuri much either. Try feeding some straight lettuces like green leaf, red leaf and a spring mix, all cut up nicely. Mine eat this like candy. Mix some Mazuri into the pile to help them get used to it also.

But she will smell it. If the taste is not right she will skip them.

ascott said:
If the tort is still relatively new to his new home then he will take a little time to adjust....however, you will want to make sure that all of is basic needs are being met and then let him become more secure and he will relax some...what type of substrate are you using and how deep is that substrate?

I used cypress mulch. About 5 cm deep.
Those day just soak her and put some veggi for her then leave her alone.

Urtle

5 Year Member
jeffreywht said:
My Leo those week just eat a little. Always hide or sleep. Is it fine?
Temp is 75-85.
Basking spot about 100
Humid is 60-90
At nite temp is 70-80

Her poo is normal.

Im not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly. Are you saying your tortoise is not eating enough? Also, it seems you are concerned about her sleeping habits. Is that correct?

What kind of setup do you have? For a little one I like to keep temps no lower than 80 day and night, its also very important for them to be well hydrated.

Also, what does she sleep in?