New mummy to an 8yr old leo

jakjak

So as some of you know I'm new to all this as i only got my leo on tuesday. I posted a pic and had confirmation that my tort has bad pyramiding. I have made complete change to her housing and food, is there anything else i should be doing to help her. Day temp 85/90f humidity 50, nite temp 70f humidity 85/80. She is now on soil instead of chippings and she is now on lots of greens not the dried food i have also bathed her today which she loved and made many bowel movements, any more info would be great as i have researched the internet but getting a lot of conflicting info.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Read the "Important Threads" at the top of the leopard section.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Stay on this forum for the best info. There are more then one way of doing things, but most other places give you the wrong way. Now, at the age of your leopard, I would give a warm humid hide. The hot and humid so for two,and under. Yours could benefit from a warm humid hide. With humidity though, the temps should not go below 80 in the humid part. Humid and cold makes a sick tort.

jakjak

I have read lots from here but most is for babies mine is 8 years old and suffering from bad pyramiding thats why i made a thread for peoples opinions on my tort for her age.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Where are you located?

At 8 years old, how large is she?

If you live in a warm climate and this tortoise was in the 10" range, I'd build a very large outdoor enclosure. Lots of natural grazing on grass and weeds plus wonderful sunshine will do amazing things for an older tortoise. I wouldn't want to keep her inside.