Eating times?

Lynny D

Location (City and/or State)
South Jersey
No problem!! It will help but I would definitely look at covering the whole thing in the near future. You will lose a lot of heat and humidity with only half covered.

Great advice , I closed the lid completely last night, light on at 8:30 am she came out immediately started basking and eating up a storm and himidity was just at 80%☺☺☺

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Fantastic!! Just make sure night temps don't fall below 80 degree's.. In no time you will have a monster on your hands. :)

Lynny D

South Jersey
Fantastic!! Just make sure night temps don't fall below 80 degree's.. In no time you will have a monster on your hands. :)

Thanks for all the advise. I love just watching her and learning all her quirks and habits lol. she just strolled into my cousins garage one day, and while I was upset she was able to wonder off from her previous owner, I couldnt be more thrilled. My dad was always finding eastern box turtles snappers, stink pots, sliders you name it, and would show us all about them as kids and he carried that habit to all of hos grandkids. The day he passed away my brother inlaw stopped dead in the street in front of my moms house while headed to the funeral home to make arrangements and came walking back to my car ( I was following) he said I think this is for you and handed me a baby eastern. I knew it was a good sign from dad. So tortoises and turtles are a good luck charm for me. We kept the little eastern for a few weeks but having two little girls I had to explain he needed to be released while it was still fairly warm and could hibernate. So we put his box in the garden with one side down and allowed him to leave at his leasure. Best memory!! Thanks again

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I would start out with maybe 3 pellets, see how he does. If he eats all them try a 4 the next time. My 2 year old sully would eat them all day if I would let him.

Lynny D

South Jersey
I would start out with maybe 3 pellets, see how he does. If he eats all them try a 4 the next time. My 2 year old sully would eat them all day if I would let him.
I bought the small tiny ones, shes only 4 inches in length when I measured her plastron the other night. Was that a mistake?

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I bought the small tiny ones, shes only 4 inches in length when I measured her plastron the other night. Was that a mistake?

No my Sulcata will eat the small Mazuri, my leopards won't.

I would suggest smashing it up dry almost powder like, put it in a plastic bag and tap it with a hammer and put a light sprinkle on the on the greens ever other day and this will get him/her used to it. That's what I do with my baby leopard. Everyone does different things but this has worked great for me. My baby leopard has went from 62 grams to 182 in less than 2 months.

Lynny D

South Jersey
No my Sulcata will eat the small Mazuri, my leopards won't.

I would suggest smashing it up dry almost powder like, put it in a plastic bag and tap it with a hammer and put a light sprinkle on the on the greens ever other day and this will get him/her used to it. That's what I do with my baby leopard. Everyone does different things but this has worked great for me. My baby leopard has went from 62 grams to 182 in less than 2 months.
Ok I was soaking it and spreading it on her greens, I can try that way also. Thats a huge growth spurt whoa!!

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Ok I was soaking it and spreading it on her greens, I can try that way also. Thats a huge growth spurt whoa!!
Just wait, you will see those numbers from your little guy too, it amazes me every time I look at my Sulcata and my female Leopard.