eggs layed on surface

Rokotortoiselover

Location (City and/or State)
Bosnia and Herzegovina
recently i discovered eggs in my garden but they were not burried they were just laid on grass i saw a couple of holes that i think mother tried to dig but she didnt for some reason. now i have 4 eggs just laying in garden I dont know if they will survive the wether .it just started raining and ist floded i put basket onto them to cover them from rain.what should I do I dont have an incubator?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello!
Was it your tortoise who laid the eggs? Or a wild one? It's just to understand if they can be fertile.

Sometimes tortoises when lay eggs for the first time just lay them on the ground and don't bury them.

Now you can very gently mark top spot on the eggs with a pencil and then make sure that you don't rotate them even for a minute - this top mark should always stay on top.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to incubate Hermann's tortoise eggs (what temperatures and moisture and how to replace an incubator). I think more experienced members will chime in.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Bring them in the house and nestle them down into moist soil in something like a shoebox. Then place the box in a very warm spot and occasionally re-moisten the soil. Don't turn the eggs. I have hatched box turtle and water turtle eggs this way. I had placed the box on a closet shelf on a west wall of the house and kept the closet door closed.