Eggs today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Awesome! Congrats. It's so exciting the first time hatching any. Well actually it's very exciting every time.

Jessie

5 Year Member
Oh yay keep us updated. I would love one if your willing to sell.

socialworker81

5 Year Member
Wonderful pictures! So exciting :) my girl is camera shy when she is laying, so I love seeing everyone else's pictures :)

JoeImhof

5 Year Member
fully hatched today.......I'm going to make new thread with photos, but here is one, Skittles is hatched!
388.jpg

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Well done.

That is a cute baby.

goochestortoise

5 Year Member
Congratulations! Mine laid her first eggs last week. Any advise? I have the eggs in an incubator at 86-87 degrees. I guess I won't see babies until August. When did you first candle to see if they were viable?

JoeImhof

5 Year Member
goochestortoise said:
Congratulations! Mine laid her first eggs last week. Any advise? I have the eggs in an incubator at 86-87 degrees. I guess I won't see babies until August. When did you first candle to see if they were viable?

I could actually see the initial chalking with the naked eye, in daylight, didnt even need to candle for the initial chalking, and I could see it starting to do so at about 6 days.

I candled often, after, but never picked up egg, just shone the light on it where it laid.

As for advice, I wrote some about how I incubated in a thread in the Species Russian Tortoise section, thread is called Russian Eggs, I believe.
From prior experience and this, I'd say be careful the humidity doesnt get too high.

Good luck, let me know how it goes!

goochestortoise

5 Year Member
Thank you, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Is there a thread on tortoise definitions? What does chalking refer to?

Status
Not open for further replies.