Eggs today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeImhof

5 Year Member
My female Mint laid 2 eggs today! This is her 2nd time laying. First time 1-1/2 years ago, eggs did not hatch. Fingers crossed for these eggs, hopefully better results, we really want a hatchling!!!! Here she is in the nesting box having just laid the 2nd..

mint2.jpg

mint1.jpg

Jessie

5 Year Member
Oh yay! Congratulations. :)
I will keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
AWWWWWWWW i am so happy for you! i always hear about Sulcatas and Aldabras laying and everyone's excited and they're cute, don't get me wrong, but being a major Russian Tortoise fan i seen your pics and was like yayyyyyy baby Russians!!! I wish you the complete best, I'm sure that they'll turn out fantastic! please post pics of the babies :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That's so awesome. The size of the nest is adorable. I'm used to a nest that I can stick my whole arm into and pulling out eggs by the dozen... :)

Katherine

5 Year Member
Wow! Great pictures!! And how adorable is her teeny tiny nest with her little tiny eggbabies!! I do not know if I have ever seen photographs of a Russian laying before, but I get the same happy warm feeling every time I see pictures of any tortoise laying eggs. Biology is so amazing! I really hope they hatch for you. Also, your momma tortoise is beautiful!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Hurray, and congrats!! Nothing better than Russian eggs! <3 I can't wait for the first time I get to catch one of my girls laying... I hope they both hatch for you! :D

JoeImhof

5 Year Member
Checking in with update at 5 &1/2 weeks.....one egg looking good,... baby now takes up about 1/2 of the egg, can see he has grown dark mass half size of egg, all looking good, baby in 3-4 weeks, fingers crossed but I'm feeling confident of success!

socialworker81

5 Year Member
Yay! Love the pictures, my female doesn't like being watched when she lays eggs, so I can never get a picture. It's so nice to see a Russian laying eggs.

JoeImhof

5 Year Member
Starting to hatch today - little hole inside of egg, nose sticking out a bit......(76 days). Hope he comes all the way out soon, eager to see him

Status
Not open for further replies.