Egyptians

Hybrid

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
Like a side profile picture? Sure can.

That sound just great. Will anxiously waiting!! :D

I am in the middle of searching another female to pair with my male Egyptian, so your guidance is compulsory to avoid my tortoise from need to be mating with his own species for the rest of his life.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Here yah go.

Typically adults males are more elongated and females have a more round dominant feature. I have also noticed with numerous adults specimens that females flanking marginal scutes flare a bit more than males. Not by much by it is a notable difference I have seen over the years in kleinmanni

Attachments

• IMG_3921.jpg
    IMG_3921.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 81

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
image.jpg Little guys are growing well. They are a little over one year old now. Looks like I have out of this bunch a 1.3 growing nice and smooth too. Doesn't really look like it, but side profile they are pretty smooth. The angle and pronounced growth rings in this species kinda throws the look off.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
How can all those lovely photo been unnoticed? Love this species of Tortoise! ! ! !

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I still kick myself for never getting that Egyptian tortoise years ago at a petstore...But, I just got my first redfoot and didn't want different species until I felt knowledgeable about the redfoot. My husband wanted me to get that Egyptian and I just wouldn't do it :(

They are very gorgeous tortoises Tortadise :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I still kick myself for never getting that Egyptian tortoise years ago at a petstore...But, I just got my first redfoot and didn't want different species until I felt knowledgeable about the redfoot. My husband wanted me to get that Egyptian and I just wouldn't do it :(

Yes you should have. I could of handsomely rewarded you for it too :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA

I will kick myself also. Your husband are a smart man. ;);)