Elongated T. has anyone successfully raised one from a baby?

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North East
Elongated T. has anyone successfully raised one from a baby? I am seeing so many captive-raised with some pyramid on the shell.I was wondering if any have successfully raised one without it? If so what was your care to raise them?

MEEJogja

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Indonesia
Elongated T. has anyone successfully raised one from a baby? I am seeing so many captive-raised with some pyramid on the shell.I was wondering if any have successfully raised one without it? If so what was your care to raise them?
I should say that I am interested in indotestudo forsteni which admittedly aren't exactly the same, and all the ones I have seen have sadly probably been wild caught.

I don't think pyramiding is common in either species though. Could you share some images please?

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
These are not mine but pictures if what I am referring too.

Attachments

• pyramid elongated.jpg
    pyramid elongated.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 19
  • pyramid elongated2.jpg
    pyramid elongated2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 19

Mexico

5 Year Member
Arkansas
This is Melee, he is maybe 8 years old. Yes, some of his growth lines are a little deeper than others, but I think his shell turned out pretty nice.

I've had him since he was maybe 3, somewhere around 4in long. I kept him in a series of large storage containers until he was old enough to live outside during the summer. I tried to keep him in a "closed chamber" environment with a mini humidifier to keep everything at about 70 until he was 6inches.

He was a really good eater in his younger years, so his diet was varied with Mazuri tortoise diet, greens, flowers, bananas, mango, the occasional nightcrawler/cricket, and the tiniest amount of freeze dried cat food. He is really picky with food these days though.

He is 10inches now, and I believe still slowly growing.

Attachments

• IMG_20220508_105533537.jpg
    IMG_20220508_105533537.jpg
    856.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20220508_105529661.jpg
    IMG_20220508_105529661.jpg
    891.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20220508_105537857.jpg
    IMG_20220508_105537857.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL
This is Melee, he is maybe 8 years old. Yes, some of his growth lines are a little deeper than others, but I think his shell turned out pretty nice.

I've had him since he was maybe 3, somewhere around 4in long. I kept him in a series of large storage containers until he was old enough to live outside during the summer. I tried to keep him in a "closed chamber" environment with a mini humidifier to keep everything at about 70 until he was 6inches.

He was a really good eater in his younger years, so his diet was varied with Mazuri tortoise diet, greens, flowers, bananas, mango, the occasional nightcrawler/cricket, and the tiniest amount of freeze dried cat food. He is really picky with food these days though.

He is 10inches now, and I believe still slowly growing.
What a beautiful tortoise! Perfect shell and love the colors.