0576ABCA-5CF3-4DC9-BC41-3E8B1D785936.png

Attachments

• B08CC275-93A4-4589-952A-460CC168998D.jpeg
    B08CC275-93A4-4589-952A-460CC168998D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30

Sasami32

Location (City and/or State)
Mi
I’m don’t think this is normal . The eyes were fine yesterday.

zovick

10 Year Member!
I’m don’t think this is normal . The eyes were fine yesterday.
Not sure what exactly you are referring to in the post. The eyes look very sunken in which is a sign of dehydration. Is that what you mean?

Do you soak your tortoise daily? Has it been eating?

Sasami32

Mi
Yes eating fine . I soak like 20 mins every 2 days or sometimes ever other . Pees and poops good . Been hiding for quite a bit . Also has a water dish and gets sprays or mist and food is misted .

Sasami32

Mi
Not sure what exactly you are referring to in the post. The eyes look very sunken in which is a sign of dehydration. Is that what you mean?

Do you soak your tortoise daily? Has it been eating?
Yes eating fine . I soak like 20 mins every 2 days or sometimes ever other . Pees and poops good . Been hiding for quite a bit . Also has a water dish and gets sprays or mist and food is misted .

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
Did you discontinue use of the mercury vapor bulb as I suggested in your other thread? My guess is that something is wrong with the output of the MVB and it's making your tortoise avoid the light.

Also, you never said what the temperatures and humidity were. You may think these parameters are fine, but something is not OK based on your tort's behavior.

Sasami32

Mi
So what is it about the eyes that you think is not normal? Can you explain what you mean?
It’s sunken in it seems like . I showed pet store and I will be taking him to the vet ASAP . Other then that Zeus is eating and going potty . They did give me vitamin A as well to see if that will help a bit . Not sure until he goes to vet . My exotic vets are all booked for a month and I’m hoping Zeus will be ok by then . Not sure but hoping….

zovick

10 Year Member!
It’s sunken in it seems like . I showed pet store and I will be taking him to the vet ASAP . Other then that Zeus is eating and going potty . They did give me vitamin A as well to see if that will help a bit . Not sure until he goes to vet . My exotic vets are all booked for a month and I’m hoping Zeus will be ok by then . Not sure but hoping….
Yes, as I said earlier, the eyes do look sunken in. This is a sign of dehydration. I suggest that you soak the tortoise daily for 20-30 minutes in lukewarm water to help with the hydration.

Does the tortoise feel heavy when you pick it up, or does it feel light for its size? I would try feeding it as much as it will eat to give it more body mass also.

Sasami32

Mi
Yes, as I said earlier, the eyes do look sunken in. This is a sign of dehydration. I suggest that you soak the tortoise daily for 20-30 minutes in lukewarm water to help with the hydration.

Does the tortoise feel heavy when you pick it up, or does it feel light for its size? I would try feeding it as much as it will eat to give it more body mass also.
He eats good and yea feels not that light and he comes back for seconds to I have soaked him to

Sasami32

Mi
Update : Zeus is a female the vet believes! X-rays were great ! No ammonia , bones are looking good . Does have a little respiratory infection mild . She is on meds and eye drops . Vet said most likely caused by outside time air and then inside time . So no outside for now . It’s the pressure change as well. Exam went well . Enclosure is all changed and she is roaming around now and basking .

Reactions: Ink