F15t8 UVB bulb?

Violanna

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
So I am setting up my enclosure for my baby Sulcata and am shopping around for the few items I’m missing. I already have a tube light fixture from my previous tortoise, but we used it for just daylight not heat or UVB. So I’m wondering if this bulb I found on Amazon will work for my enclosure?
LUCKY HERP 10.0 Fluorescent Desert Terrarium Lamp,T8,15 Watt 18 Inches https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078WTTCB3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gclGFbJEM2Z77

I’ll attach a picture of my lamp, the bulb is the perfect size for it.B8BE0493-2236-4FD8-945C-DD30B3E9A2CA.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I can't open your link.

Any florescent tube in the 5000-6000K color range will work. I prefer to use LEDs, but fluorescents can work too.

Violanna

Texas
I can't open your link.

Any florescent tube in the 5000-6000K color range will work. I prefer to use LEDs, but fluorescents can work too.
Yeah I couldn’t get it to work either but it wouldn’t let me edit it. It looks like an off brand version of the reptisun t8. I haven’t seen any LEDs. Does Amazon have any?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yeah I couldn’t get it to work either but it wouldn’t let me edit it. It looks like an off brand version of the reptisun t8. I haven’t seen any LEDs. Does Amazon have any?
LEDs can be found at any hardware store. I've been using the under cabinet mount style ones for the ceilings in my enclosures, and now they have a wide assortment of screw-in type bulbs that work great too.

Violanna

Texas
LEDs can be found at any hardware store. I've been using the under cabinet mount style ones for the ceilings in my enclosures, and now they have a wide assortment of screw-in type bulbs that work great too.
Are those just for regular lighting? Or for UVB as well? I should only need UVB lighting for about 2 months. Winter is all over the place here. One day 19 degrees the next day 60. So we should be able to do outdoor sun more often than not.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Are those just for regular lighting? Or for UVB as well? I should only need UVB lighting for about 2 months. Winter is all over the place here. One day 19 degrees the next day 60. So we should be able to do outdoor sun more often than not.
Those are just for regular ambient light. I don't think you need indoor UV at all. Two months with no sun is no problem. Use a calcium supplement with D3, and feed some soaked original Mazuri once or twice a week, and your tortoise will be fine with no UV over winter.