Fake Plant Question

annastortoise

So I am planning on getting a Russian, and have a concern about fake plants. I am scared if I put a fake in there my tort will try to eat it!! I am really confused because I want my tort to feel comfortable.

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
I put fake plants in my Russian enclosure and he kept nibbling on one but left the other one alone. So I took them both out and added real spider plants and Jade plants.

Karizzma

Bullhead city Az.
That's kinda the Q? i was wanting to know becus was thinking make L'il guys place look nice and lively ya-know,but sence you mentioned that he nibbled on one,I'll just try finding real plants just for turtles.Don't want anything to happen to L'il guy of mine!Thanks it was helpful.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I tried live plants sooo many times, but my russian is seriously a plant killer, he squashed them, he trampled them, he slept on them, he did EVERYTHING but eat them, and they all died.
So, after the 5000th victim, I decided to make some fake plants, and he couldn't care less. They look real and are safe!
Although, every tort is different, so if your russian is okay with live plants, go for it!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I bought some nice, silk plants from the craft store (I already had some too!) Disassembled everything, and created grasses, flowers, and shrubs. I used a silicone gel glue to hole everything together, and it works great, and holds up against misting well. I looked for plastic with springy, plastic stems, so that is he messed with them, they'd spring right back up! :D