fall 2022

mark1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ohio
been fall for a couple weeks now , we been in the 30's 40's with high's in the 50's 60's ...... water turtles took to the water ,box turtles took to the spots they hibernate in to ride out the cold weather ......

this one took to the water to ride out the cold weather......
DSCF9798_(2).jpg

these guys are not bothered by the cold at all
DSCF9764-2.jpg

DSCF9767-2.jpg

DSCF9794-2.jpg

DSCF9787-2.jpg

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
it has been unusually cold this fall , 45F when i took these pics , was 40 when i woke up this morning , hopefully we get an indian summer ( hopefully the term "indian summer" doesn't offend anyone) ........ been in the 40's at night for the last 2-3 weeks , a lot of the turtle have disappeared ,hoping they come out again , i wasn't completely ready for this ........
DSCF9816-2.jpg

DSCF9819-2.jpg

DSCF9818-2.jpg

i got this guy yesterday , he'll be my new turtle protection dog , my dog would still give a raccoon a go , but i might bet on the raccoon at this point .......after one day this guy seems like a pretty solid dog considering what he been through ......he been locked in a crate 24/7 3rd home in 4yrs ..........
DSCF9804-2.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What a face! Hopefully you can make him understand he's home and his new home requires his protection.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Nice turtles. Cute pup what is his name?

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
What a face! Hopefully you can make him understand he's home and his new home requires his protection.
the original owner "did bitework" with him .......which i'm sure is a big part of the reason he's on his 3rd home ...... teaching an unsuitable dog to bite gets you an unreliable unpredictable dog that bites , which is 99.9999% always a problem dog , and a disappointment to the folks that had this unrealistic expectation for the pup they bought ...... as for killing raccoons , i've yet to have a bordeaux dog that wasn't an animal killer , sweet as they can be , they just can't help it .....

Nice turtles. Cute pup what is his name?
original owner named him hades , woman that rescued him said she couldn't call him that , she renamed him gabriel , as in the archangel ...... my lone dog was raised as 1 of 5 , her aunt died , her mother died , her 2 brothers died , she was not doing real well , hopefully he rejuvenates her ......

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I am glad you are giving him a good home. Maybe with his new job of watching out for the turtles he will do really well.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
it has been unusually cold this fall , 45F when i took these pics , was 40 when i woke up this morning , hopefully we get an indian summer ( hopefully the term "indian summer" doesn't offend anyone) ........ been in the 40's at night for the last 2-3 weeks , a lot of the turtle have disappeared ,hoping they come out again , i wasn't completely ready for this ........
DSCF9816-2.jpg

DSCF9819-2.jpg

DSCF9818-2.jpg

i got this guy yesterday , he'll be my new turtle protection dog , my dog would still give a raccoon a go , but i might bet on the raccoon at this point .......after one day this guy seems like a pretty solid dog considering what he been through ......he been locked in a crate 24/7 3rd home in 4yrs ..........
DSCF9804-2.jpg
He is saying "so what's in it for me?". LoL. Lucky dawg😀

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
I am glad you are giving him a good home. Maybe with his new job of watching out for the turtles he will do really well.

i got some people i don't know coming over to cut down some trees , they see all the turtles and it concerns me , he came just in time , they see him and i feel better about it , he is definitely scary behind a fence ....... we'll see how he is once he gets comfortable ...... like people you can't tell what they're really about until they get comfortable ........ the turtles aren't very active right now , gives him a chance to learn he shouldn't be in their pens , hopefully he doesn't try getting to them ....... he'll need to jump a 4 foot fence with an electric wire on top .......
He is saying "so what's in it for me?". LoL. Lucky dawg😀

i think he is figuring out freedom is in it for him , he physically looks like a dog that been locked in a crate most of his life, has it's upside , he obviously wasn't physically abused , he is not even slightly timid , not hand shy , not voice shy .... folks that had him had an opportunity to have a great dog...... even the woman that rescued him had to crate him pretty much ........ here he is loose inside/outside 24/7/365 .........

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
68 and sunny today , i can't remember last time it turned this cold this soon......the warm up gave me a chance to get some pre hibernation stuff done for them ......none of the box turtles were dug into the ground , they were just in the grass/leaf litter .......... gave me an opportunity to loosen the soil for them ..... i

DSCF9846_(2).jpg

DSCF9845_(2).jpg

DSCF9838_(2).jpg

DSCF9850_(2).jpg

DSCF9876-2.jpg

DSCF9835_(2).jpg

DSCF9873_(2).jpg

DSCF9864_(2).jpg

DSCF9860_(2).jpg

some of the wood turtles and all the blandings still want to eat .....

DSCF9821-2.jpg

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Thank you for taking him in, and giving him a proper home no matter what... poor guy

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Ok. The turtles are saying:. Hey! Whose show is this anyways??? Well ... everything is beautiful in it's own way, right? I find the turtles and the dog to be beautiful, but maybe the turtles have just a little edge...! My bias is showing.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
october 30th, been the coldest fall we've had since 2012 ....... found these two guys earlier in the week , figured i'd bring them in and give them a better shot at surviving the winter ......

DSCF9999-2.jpg

DSCF9980_(2).jpg

DSCF9952_(2).jpg

DSCF9993_(2).jpg

DSCF9928_(2).jpg

DSCF9954_(2).jpg

gabe , is getting with the routine , he picked up staying out the turtle pens , even when he sees turtles , if i'm in there, and the gates are open , he just stands outside and watches ..... don't know if he tried over the top yet , if he did he likely won't do it again ......seems he's perfect for the job , he's a big scary guy that can move and is crazy behind a fence ......

DSCF9950.jpg

DSCF9948.jpg