Feeding Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

byerssusan

Hi everyone. I have recently became the mother a beautiful baby sulcata. Her name is Phoenix. I got her Sept 2nd, she was 2 weeks old then. I have been feeding her rep cal from the time I got her. That is what the seller was feeding her. Anyway my question is..I let her have as much as she wants. Is that okay and..should I be feeding her anything else ontop of that? She is a piggy in a shell..haha..I just want to make sure she is getting all the nutrients she needs.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D We LOVE PICS :p

I am not familiar first hand with the food product you are speaking about....however, I do know that actual greens are a great thing to introduce to your baby....as when that baby becomes a "baby huey" you will likely need her to graze outside in her eventual outdoor enclosure....also, dark leafy greens and clean weeds are very nutritional.... :D

Hang around and see what the others feel on your question... :p

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Welcome to the forum! Check out the Diet section of the forum. There is some great advice on baby Sully diets! Good luck!! :)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum..

I think the rep cal is good but I don't think that it should be the only thing you should be feeding. You should offer dark leafy greens and to make it easy all you have to do is get some spring mix from the grocery store and feed that with the rep cal. Variety is the key when feeding them especially now when they are younger, the last thing you want is a 80 pound tortoise who will only eat rep cal; that would become a very expensive diet.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi byerssusan:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome and so glad you have joined us! Sulcata babies are so darn cute aren't they? They make me want to get a few dozen of them. :D Like the rest, I would love to see pictures of you Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.