Feeding

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
I feed every morning, more than they will eat during the day, and again in the afternoon after their soak.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I feed plates of a variety of store greens(spring mix, artesian lettuces, kale, turnip greens, romaine,etc.)and commercial(mazuri, grassland pellets) in the morning with alternating supplements , then a second serving of naturals (clover, grases, dandelion, plantain, weeds, etc.) in the afternoon.

But there is ALWAYS always food available.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I feed every morning . If I miss it by ten minutes they mess up the enclosures . But this is how I do it . I have a big green plastic box . In the afternoon when I get home I walk my yard picking weeds . I put them in the box . In the morning I get the box add one box of spring mix and other greens . Then feed the leopards and sulcatas out of that box . I have a black box I fill with weeds . I add worms, fruits an other things to . Then feed the reds out of that box . Every night a clean, water and check everything . Every night I have to clean out poo and uneaten food . My water turtles act wild . I feed fish, tadpoles, water plants, worms, and bought food . They see me they jump into the pond . I have one male slider that will come out and hang .

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Once a day minimum.

Twice a day is better in my opinion. Allowing them access to food they can graze on 24/7 is best.

nicoleneigel

Thanks guys!
I've been giving her the apprise greens two or three times a day and I've started to give her commercial grassland pellets but she doesn't want to eat them. I tried mixing up some cut up greens in it but she only picks them out and then loses interest.
I want her to get the nutrients and fibers from the pellets that she doesn't get in the greens I give her but she just doesn't seem to like them. Do you think she'll eventually get hungry enough to start to like them?