Filter combinatations?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Has anyone ever used 2 filters on 1 tank?
I'm considering using a Aqueon 407 and an Aqueon 207 on the same 90 gallon tank.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I always used two big cannister filters. No matter how much I cleaned one or how much media I replaced, I had the assurance that I still had a healthy biological system. (In the other)
They also created great circulation

Last edited:

Paschendale52

5 Year Member
I also have two of the

Polar Aurora 4-Stage External Canister Filter 525GPH with 9-watt Light New(525GPH)​

which I'm pretty sure is the chinese knock off of a nice canister filter on my 180 gallon tank. I like it for the same reason Zeropilot does. I can change them a month apart and never have lost all of my media. I'm also way lazier than I should be about changing media and cleaning it. The tank stays nice and clean and I change all my materials once every 4ish months. Sometimes less often if I get distracted by things like a 9 month old kid who is sick (i.e. now).

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I also have two of the

Polar Aurora 4-Stage External Canister Filter 525GPH with 9-watt Light New(525GPH)​

which I'm pretty sure is the chinese knock off of a nice canister filter on my 180 gallon tank. I like it for the same reason Zeropilot does. I can change them a month apart and never have lost all of my media. I'm also way lazier than I should be about changing media and cleaning it. The tank stays nice and clean and I change all my materials once every 4ish months. Sometimes less often if I get distracted by things like a 9 month old kid who is sick (i.e. now).
It's a SUN SUN cousin of a MARINELAND copy from China.
Also goes by the name AQUATOP.
They're actually pretty decent

Paschendale52

5 Year Member
It's a SUN SUN cousin of a MARINELAND copy from China.
Also goes by the name AQUATOP.
They're actually pretty decent
I've had no problems with them. The filter pads are always super gooey and gross when I change them, because of how infrequently it happens (something I'm trying to get better at, but baby always gets in the way). That said, the flow doesn't reduce that much and the water stays plenty clean to keep the giant mexican musks, pleco, ghost shrimp, and mosquito fish happy. Not exactly a hyper sensitive group, but they seem to do great with no complaints.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I've had no problems with them. The filter pads are always super gooey and gross when I change them, because of how infrequently it happens (something I'm trying to get better at, but baby always gets in the way). That said, the flow doesn't reduce that much and the water stays plenty clean to keep the giant mexican musks, pleco, ghost shrimp, and mosquito fish happy. Not exactly a hyper sensitive group, but they seem to do great with no complaints.
I no longer have aquariums.
But I used a lot of AQUATOP and SUN SUN filters

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Thanks so much for all the info!❤️✨✨✨