Finally a forstens owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California
Thanks to Ben, my group of forstens is coming together. I have two others from a breeder in Missouri. These three are F1's from his breeding group. They're all in separate quarantine due to the size differences for now. Just the second day and they're eating.

I hope to add another 7, maybe more; and have a breeding group of my own in seven to eight years.

Not quite a month old
Forstens03.jpg

Six months old
Forstens04.jpg

A year old
Forstens05.jpg

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Northern California
ascott said:
Absolutely beautiful...I really dig their contrasting on the shell...beautiful...:D

I was amazed at how light they are as hatchlings, and the scutes gradually darken to the charcoal colors seen on the six month old and one year old.

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
Neltharion said:
ascott said:
Absolutely beautiful...I really dig their contrasting on the shell...beautiful...:D

I was amazed at how light they are as hatchlings, and the scutes gradually darken to the charcoal colors seen on the six month old and one year old.
I have four f1s that are very yellow. Unfortunately the female that produced them died last summer.
On the brighter side, my 8yr old f1 female laid her 3rd clutch of the year. Two eggs in this clutch as well.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Beauties! Each one looks different. I like the month old one.. such a spiky shell!

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Northern California
Benjamin said:
I have four f1s that are very yellow. Unfortunately the female that produced them died last summer.
On the brighter side, my 8yr old f1 female laid her 3rd clutch of the year. Two eggs in this clutch as well.

I've seen some before advertised as 'High Yellows', but actually the dark scutes are what I found very attractive in this species.

lushcious said:
Beauties! Each one looks different. I like the month old one.. such a spiky shell!

I like the serrations too, but those gradually disappear as they get older.

Status
Not open for further replies.