FINALLY gaining weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love4tortoises

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mission Viejo, CA
Hello everyone!

A couple weeks ago I posted a thread about my sully, Chewy, not gaining weight... Some of you mentioned getting him checked for worms and it turns out that he did have pin worms. I went ahead and got them taken care of and now he has already gained 5 grams (in 4 days). I know this really isn't a whole lot, but he hasn't gained a thing since I got him, so I am VERY happy about his weight gain! :)

I wanted to thank you all for your opinions and suggestions! I really really appreciate them and I know Chewy does too! :)

I will post more updates and pics once he starts to really show his growth! :D

IMG_2380.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
That's great news! I'm sure it'll be gain, gain, gain from here.

Love4tortoises

5 Year Member
Mission Viejo, CA
So the excitement of his weight gain has completely disappeared because he lost it all... :( I don't know what to do... No matter what I do, he WILL NOT gain weight... I have tried EVERYTHING!! He gains 4 or 5 grams in one week and then the next week it is completely gone, then he gains it back and then it is completely gone. He wont keep the weight and I don't know why. :( I am starting to get SO discouraged. Any advice, any info or any anything at this point will help me and Chewy...

Please help me help Chewy! :(

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
All you can do is soak him daily, keep him warm and humid, and give him a good diet. Mazuri will help, if you can get him to eat it.

In time he might pull out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.