Finished Indoor Enclosure

Wewt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia, Canada
Hey!

If you all remember, there was a bit of a hooplah about how I was keeping my tortoise indoors. I loved having him indoors and miss hearing his little footsteps everyday, but it is much better for both the humans and the tortoise. Now his temperatures are proper and he has his own space. I didn't realize how much he needed his own territory until I gave him his own room. Now he patrols it like a little army guy, checking out anything new or different.

Pics!

So we have fake plants, fake grass, 30 degree celsius ambient temp, 30-50% humidity, a hide, a water dish (bread pan), etc. I tried to grow real plants but they all died because there isn't enough light. I'd hang grow lights but my power usage for the garage is maxed out. If I plug in anything else the breaker flips.

Yay, happy tort!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very nice. This is in your garage? It doesn't look like the garages we have. Very nice.

Wewt

5 Year Member
British Columbia, Canada
Thanks! Lots of hard work. Glad it's done.

Yep, garage. I live in a townhouse so it is a double car garage, but the garage is long instead of wide. So the idea is to park one car further in and the other car behind it, so to get at car #2 you would have to pull car #1 out. Basically useless space.

He has a door to the "backyard" through his area, too. If the back yard was fenced we could keep it open in the summer, but alas he would just run away.