First build in progress!

kyel3840

Location (City and/or State)
Bethany , Oklahoma
This is my first time building an enclosure and I wanted to show everyone it in progress as I go. I lined the bottom of the enclosure and up the side a few inches with epdm pond liner. I will seal the inside walls the best I can. It will have sliding glass doors on the front. Does anyone know of some caulking or something that I can seal the inside seams with. I know it's not gonna last years because its wood but me and my wife decided to do it as a project together. Its 8ftx4ftx2ft.20181012_202307.jpeg20181012_202311.jpeg20181012_202327.jpeg20181012_202338.jpeg

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Great beginning! Cannot wait to see the ending. It will last you a long time. I built my redfoots home and its been 3yrs. My wife and I did not treat the wood against moisture. No rotting of any sort. I used advice from the these forums and ernest johnson.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Very nice. I would have liked it to be up higher so one doesn't have to lay on the floor to reach clear in to the back.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
This is my first time building an enclosure and I wanted to show everyone it in progress as I go. I lined the bottom of the enclosure and up the side a few inches with epdm pond liner. I will seal the inside walls the best I can. It will have sliding glass doors on the front. Does anyone know of some caulking or something that I can seal the inside seams with. I know it's not gonna last years because its wood but me and my wife decided to do it as a project together. Its 8ftx4ftx2ft.View attachment 253991View attachment 253992View attachment 253993View attachment 253994
Too cute. Something like that would give me a coffee table but more important! I could have my baby right where I can watch him at night. In the mornings he'll want to be in sunlight.