First pics using new phone

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ashburn, VA
Getting ready to shoot Chuba Ghandi with the high end Nikon's and decided to try my new Galaxy Note III camera out. The shots turned out pretty good for a phone I think. You can see some of the deformities he was born with so the detail level is pretty good. Focal length is a bit of an issue but not bad for preliminary shots via phone!

Unfortunately he won't let me clean his beak yet and my quickie cleaning isn't very even unfortunately. The final photos will be for Team Gomberg's presentations if his shell is up to snuff. Any input on angles and constructive input would be appreciated.

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
Really nice shots, especially for a phone cam! Gorgeous tort too!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
These are fantastic pictures! Remind me, how old is this smooth beauty?

Your photographs have given me a great idea...stay tuned for a new thread. ;)

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
Team Gomberg said:
These are fantastic pictures! Remind me, how old is this smooth beauty?

Your photographs have given me a great idea...stay tuned for a new thread. ;)

He is a few days past 4 months.

Jtort

5 Year Member
So Cal
Very nice! What deformities was he born with? I can't tell....

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
Team Gomberg said:
4 months, that is what I thought :)

Love those naturally growing shells!

Natural? Not at all, Chuba is super vain, he has had 2 shell augmentation surgeries, a plastron tuck and a beak implant not to mention the horse steroids he's been taking like flintstone chewables...

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Got him on the steroids already, huh? :p He's looking great! Lots of black but I see marbling starting. He gets that shell tuck in front from his father. You are doing a fabulous job with him. Keep up the good work and the pictures, they look great for a phone camera!

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
Hey I don't know where the cuttle bone steroids came from...

I don't worry about the tuck/deformation, we picked him for a reason and it has become much less noticable as he has grown and we couldn't be happier with him. Thanks for providing him to us! I was just impressed my phone picked it up at all. I planned to shoot this weekend with our studio gear and was pleasantly surprised at how well the prelim test shots came out.

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
I am super curious to see shots and measurements on the others from this clutch. If memory serves one of Chuba's clutch mates was The Batman.

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Hi Sterling... I have Batman now.. He is my lil trouble maker.. He loves trying to figure out how to climb everything! He is my slow growing Leo at 65grams and 6 3/4 cm. Meanwhile his sibling Yu-Me (hatched a couple weeks earlier) is 105grams 8 1/4cm. I almost got your Tortie... I couldn't decide which one to get... There were so many baby Leos running around the pen at Greg's. It was so hard to choose!! Here is a pic from couple days ago. Batman has more marbling along his sides than he does on top.. Yu Me is the bigger one.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1384482041.222374.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
That is awesome Boda! Thank you so much! Chuba Ghandi is 190 g and I will measure him with the digital calipers tomorrow. We were drawn to him by the circles on his shell. Chuba doesn't climb too much but he will come to the window and "tap/scratch" the glass to get more food. It is amazing how different they can be even from the same clutch.

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Wow!! Chuba is heavy! I thought Yu-Me was growing fast and heavy but Chuba is blowing him away. I cant explain why Batman is slow growing... he eats a lot throughout the day and he is fed separately every morning for breakfast. These are my 1st Leopards so I did a bunch of research and asked a lot of ?? from the forum members and was relieved to find out this was not uncommon in Leos.
Batman likes to climb on top of things and then slide down the other side. His favorite is the hollow out bark hides you can find in stores. He does this numerous times a day!!
We first got Yu-Me because of his personality but our daughter bugged us until we gave in and went and got Batman for her. Now we are going to Greg's on Sunday to get 2 new babies. So exciting.
Look forward to hearing how long Chuba is and woud love to keep in touch and track how are Leos are progressing over time.

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
Ok, just measured...

4 mos. 6 days Chuba weighs in at 180g (sorry I misremembered at 190g) 91.08mm (3.58in) long and 51.83mm (2.04in) tall.

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
he's really gorgeous....:) doesn't really seem like he has gone through all those surgeries and stuff..