first time out for the night ?

Action

Location (City and/or State)
Valley Springs, Ca.
So my Skittles is 2 today and 14.6 lbs. He/she is out side all day every day but comes in at night. I built a temp house ( cardboard box) for now while i finish his/her big house. I want to leave skittles out to night and see how it goes.....Low's are 67f and just for a few hrs. anyway we have skunks....opossums.....raccoons and such. not over run but they are here......would it be safe to leave skittles out? Or is the cardboard box to sketchy?
Thanks for any help
Jack

Skittles temp house.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would not leave her out in a cardboard box. Should be locked up at night in a weather and varmit proof box.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
So my Skittles is 2 today and 14.6 lbs. He/she is out side all day every day but comes in at night. I built a temp house ( cardboard box) for now while i finish his/her big house. I want to leave skittles out to night and see how it goes.....Low's are 67f and just for a few hrs. anyway we have skunks....opossums.....raccoons and such. not over run but they are here......would it be safe to leave skittles out? Or is the cardboard box to sketchy?
Thanks for any help
Jack

View attachment 327325
Happy 2nd Birthday Skittles! ?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks for any help
Jack

View attachment 327325
No. Not safe in any way, and too cold. Why would you want to do that? There is zero benefit and lots of risk.