Fogger for humidity, pics included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
I am using a fogger to keep humidity up during the day so I don't have to worry about spraying all the time. I turn it on in the morning and off about 7pm. It has a control so that I can adjust how much fog comes out. So far I love this thing. It keeps it at 80%. I also keep it vary warm with a plexiglass cover. Temps are 100 at basking and 78 at cool end. My humid hide also has a sponge and placed at the warm end. Anyone else doing this? How do you like it? Comments good or bad appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC04395.JPG
    DSC04395.JPG
    972 KB · Views: 231
F

Fernando123

I have a similar setup right now. My basking temp is at 92 degrees. The cool side is about 81-83. I've got a CHE on the cool side and powersun on the basking side. I'm considering plexiglass to cover the whole enclosure, but since my sulcata has been outside everyday for the past couple week's, I haven't worried about it or any humidity issue too much.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
My inside enclosure which I don't use anymore unless I am travelling...keep good humidity just through misting. I am interested to see what others have to say as well.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I was having issue controling humidity so I switched to a large aquarium and I also use plexi glass as a top and now I have no problems maintaining the humidity at 80% with just misting with a spray bottle..I do like your setup

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
I'm just lazy and don't want to worry about spraying, LOL. I work a lot sometimes 65 hrs a week, so I did not want to worry about if the humidity was high enough. This pertains to a hatchling not an older tort that can stay outside while I am gone.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I understand your point and I almost bought a fogger myself for my hatchling but we went with the aquarium and it's not being lazy, your doing what works best for you..

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Missy said:
I am using a fogger to keep humidity up during the day so I don't have to worry about spraying all the time. I turn it on in the morning and off about 7pm. It has a control so that I can adjust how much fog comes out. So far I love this thing. It keeps it at 80%. I also keep it vary warm with a plexiglass cover. Temps are 100 at basking and 78 at cool end. My humid hide also has a sponge and placed at the warm end. Anyone else doing this? How do you like it? Comments good or bad appreciated.

Can you explain how the mister works? Is it a separate unit or does it need to be attached to a water source? Where did you get it? Sounds like a great idea. I also have trouble keeping the humidity up high enough.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
DesertGrandma said:
Missy said:

Can you explain how the mister works? Is it a separate unit or does it need to be attached to a water source? Where did you get it? Sounds like a great idea. I also have trouble keeping the humidity up high enough.

Look for zoo med repti fogger they can run upwards of $40 depending on where you get it from. It has a water bottle that's attached to it and it has a timer you can set. It's something like a humidifier but for reptiles. Most pet store's will sell them, I have seen one at pet's mart.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
It's called a Repti Fogger from Zoomed. If you look on Amazon, you'll find it for a good price. Its a small Liter bottle you filled with drinking water. It includes a knob that you can turn it on to create high or low fog. It lasts anywhere from 8-12 hours depending on how strong you have it set.

dalano73 said:
Look for zoo med repti fogger they can run upwards of $40 depending on where you get it from. It has a water bottle that's attached to it and it has a timer you can set. It's something like a humidifier but for reptiles. Most pet store's will sell them, I have seen one at pet's mart.

I don't know if it has a timer. Unless there is a different model.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
FernandoM said:
It's called a Repti Fogger from Zoomed. If you look on Amazon, you'll find it for a good price. Its a small Liter bottle you filled with drinking water. It includes a knob that you can turn it on to create high or low fog. It lasts anywhere from 8-12 hours depending on how strong you have it set.

dalano73 said:

I don't know if it has a timer. Unless there is a different model.

Your correct, I was thinking of the fog output control :D..

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
It sets outside the enclosure and has a hose. I have a plexiglass top so I drilled a hole to fit the hose through. It works great and Dayo seems to like it. She likes to walk right under the fogger hose.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have used foggers in the past... maybe they have changed them and they work better than they used too - but I hated them.

I now use MistKing for my geckos. I'll be buying another one for my tortoises too shortly.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
SnakeyeZ said:
I have used foggers in the past... maybe they have changed them and they work better than they used too - but I hated them.

I now use MistKing for my geckos. I'll be buying another one for my tortoises too shortly.

Ok, what is mistking?

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thanks everyone for sharing the info on the foggers. I am going to check it out. :cool:

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
In simple terms, it's a pump that pumps water from a reservoir to your enclosures.

http://www.mistking.com/

I never mist my geckos anymore. I can set the timer to have it come on 8 times a day if I wanted too and the timer I got I can change the seconds too. I have mine running 30 seconds a few times a day. All I do is fill the 5 gallon reservoir every 2 weeks or so.

http://www.mistking.com/home.php?cat=249

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Oh thanks Rich, now I want one. Maybe when I get the bigger tort table built.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Missy said:
Oh thanks Rich, now I want one. Maybe when I get the bigger tort table built.

Everyone who is misting should have one. I'm not lazy to spray my critters down, but I also don't always remember. And when I am away for work (like I am now) then I know my animals are still being hydrated. All my wife is doing is feeding the misting the torts. But that will change soon as I get another MistKing.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Thats the one I have. I have only been using it for a week. So far I am very happy with it. You have to fill it every day but I don't mind that. I change out the water bowl anyway so while i'm at it I fill it too. I can turn it up all the way and the humidity gets in the 90's and starts dripping from the plexiglass so I keep it on low and it stays a constant 80%

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The ZooMed one came out after I bought my MistKing. I have seen it in action, and I am still happy with my MistKing. Once I got it all setup I have been happy with it. I haven't had any issues with it which is why I want another. I have mine hooked up to a 5 gallon pail, although you can do larger and smaller if you wanted too.

Status
Not open for further replies.