Food choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex17

5 Year Member
Is a spring mix with baby spinach added okay for my RT? I've read some things about spinach that make it sound like it's not the best choice. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks! I've attached some photos of my baby RT, Darwin :)

Attachments

• image-1046267033.png
    image-1046267033.png
    128.6 KB · Views: 27
  • image-3877950946.png
    image-3877950946.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 33

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Alex17:

I don't believe you've ever introduced yourself. Would you like for us to call you "Alex?" and may we know where in the world you are?

Some folks pick out the spinach, some leave it in. In my opinion, as long as you feed a nice variety of different greens, weeds and plants, a little bit of spinach isn't going to do any harm.

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
I don't worry about the spinach. My RT's tend to pretty much ignore it anyway.

slowpoke

5 Year Member
colorado springs, colorado
Utah Lynn said:
I don't worry about the spinach. My RT's tend to pretty much ignore it anyway.

yep thats usely the thing thats left on the plate , like my kids with asparagus ... then i yell at them , " You cant have your pudding if you dont eat your greens!!" It dont work though... (a FLOYD fan will get that)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
slowpoke said:
yep thats usely the thing thats left on the plate , like my kids with asparagus ... then i yell at them , " You cant have your pudding if you dont eat your greens!!" It dont work though... (a FLOYD fan will get that)

LOL!
Agreed. You do see 'Spring mix' and then 'Half and Half' spring mix/spinach. Even the plain Spring mix has spinach. I do pick some out (we eat it, makes a nice little side salad :rolleyes: ), but they usually eat very few of the leaves. Although, typical of the idea that torts 'know' what they need, occasionally they eat it all... :tort:

Alex17

5 Year Member
Thanks for the help everyone, you can just call me Alex, and I'm from New York

Status
Not open for further replies.