food lack of .

queen koopa

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas Nevada
That is certainly large enough to be eating hay without a problem. They all have their preferences. This may be a case of the tortoise just choosing other foods because it can. Hunger is a good teacher...
Ok, yeah. Agreed on all. I kinda felt this way already. My horses leave their normal good hay when they know tastier/nutrient rich foods are in the shed and possibly could be fed later in the day... thanks for the tips!

Bikerchick

Getzville, ny
ok guys I am not a newbie I have been reading this forum for sometime now I am a reader not a poster . but I am getting concern about lettuce for my sulcate it is a mad house here I almost could not fine any . he gets hay from the tsc store and I have some grass hay pellets from tortoise supply which he adores. what are all of you guys doing bye the way he is about 6 years and in the house right now I live in ky. he has his own room. lucky he dose not need toilet paper.

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
ok guys I am not a newbie I have been reading this forum for sometime now I am a reader not a poster . but I am getting concern about lettuce for my sulcate it is a mad house here I almost could not fine any . he gets hay from the tsc store and I have some grass hay pellets from tortoise supply which he adores. what are all of you guys doing bye the way he is about 6 years and in the house right now I live in ky. he has his own room. lucky he dose not need toilet paper.
Spring has come, you need to get him outside eating grass and weeds.

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
That is certainly large enough to be eating hay without a problem. They all have their preferences. This may be a case of the tortoise just choosing other foods because it can. Hunger is a good teacher...
I started not feeding Dexter a morning meal and putting him into his unmowed pen outside. My fussy eater started eating. Little by little.

SPILL

Illinois
Weeds are slim picking around here for another month. I've been getting mulberry, moringa, grape, sweet potato, squash, melon, and tropical fruit leaves from the Asian and Indian markets.
Looks like I jinxed myself. The Massala Mart is still open but the Asian market has a sign on the door that they have closed for the safety of their family.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Spring has come, you need to get him outside eating grass and weeds.
Spring was here in February, but all my plants knew it was too good to be true. Winter came back and shoved spring right out of its way. How rude! We've had a very cold and wet March here. Weird weather. Spring is trying to push its way back in, but winter is crowding him/her out for another week at least.