Found Tortoise in Dubai.

sartobb

Location (City and/or State)
Dubai
I found this tortoise on the beach in Dubai. The lifeguards said it was covered with barnacles and living in the rocks. They thought it was a turtle so tried to put it in the water. I managed to rescue it and bring it home and it is currently in our garden which is enclosed and has hidden areas. It is eating happily and seems to be healthy. It is very active and paces around the house and looks as though it is trying to get out. I took it to our neighbours house as they have 6 tortoises but it started fighting with their larger male adn was quite aggressive butting its shell, so we have brought it home. No idea if it is wild or lost. Happy to keep it for now living in garden and getting advice from neighbours as they can live outside since temperature ok in Dubai.

If anyone has lost one or knows the species please let me know. Thank you

I have also posted this same message on the Introduction forum.

IMG_1104.JPG Image-1.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Definitely a land loving Tortoise vice an ocean going turtle! I’m someone will quickly come along and ID. Good you rescued it from the beach.

Keep the updates coming.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Wow, a really interesting story!
Barnacles???? Where have you been, Billy Boy???

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I would make sure it gets a nice long fresh water bath and soak.

sartobb

Dubai
I would make sure it gets a nice long fresh water bath and soak.
Yes we will thank you for your advice. He seems quite settled now but it is strange how he came to be down at the beach.

Do you know what type of tortoise it is?