Gas leak

DawnH

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas
Woke up to a neighborhood gas leak this morning (all is well.) My husband was shaking his head at me because the first thing I did was grab Tuleo (our Sulcata) before I loaded the kids.... In my defense I was running and hollering (they are old enough to listen) and I knew he wouldn't. Oui! What a morning!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
That's what I would do. The tortoise can't recall on cue and my kid has a trained off leash heel. C'mon. Simple to figure out. Grab the tort and tell the kids to heel!
LOVE IT!!! :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's what I would do. The tortoise can't recall on cue and my kid has a trained off leash heel. C'mon. Simple to figure out. Grab the tort and tell the kids to heel!

Im all about grabbing the animals, but Tom, really, telling your kid to heel? You've been in the dog training business way too long. :p:D
Please tell me you weren't one of those parents that put their kid on a leash when she was younger:confused:

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
My husband would harass me for the same thing. I agree completely though. The kids are not trapped in an enclosure specifically designed to prevent them from getting out. Glad all is well.

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
You took it well ! I would have done the same thing !
When I see people shake their head, I tell them not to do that or it will
start to rattle !

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
We were quite the site. My husband and I, our 3 girls, our twin foster babies (8 months old) the dogs, cats, 1 ferret, Sushi the betta fish (in a cup), 1 cockatiel and Tuleo. I was very proud that our fire drills work so well, we were the first car out of the hood even before out neighbor with only one child and one dog.

I don't mess around...lol

And my husband is wonderful, he puts up with a lot and it was all in fun jest. He knows me (thus the shaking of his head while laughing) - he's a great egg.

phebe121

Lol my kids know grab an aniaml and get in the car if needed lol no one left behind

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
:p
Tom, what do you suggest as training aids for kids ? Does a martingale work or a choke chain ?:D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Please tell me you weren't one of those parents that put their kid on a leash when she was younger:confused:

Heck no. Trained her just like a chimp or an orangutan. No leashes for those guys either. When out in public it was her job to hold my hand or my pocket. That way even if my hands were occupied, I could still feel right where she was. The chimps would have ripped the pocket, so we told them to hold our leg.

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
We were quite the site. My husband and I, our 3 girls, our twin foster babies (8 months old) the dogs, cats, 1 ferret, Sushi the betta fish (in a cup), 1 cockatiel and Tuleo. I was very proud that our fire drills work so well, we were the first car out of the hood even before out neighbor with only one child and one dog.

I don't mess around...lol

And my husband is wonderful, he puts up with a lot and it was all in fun jest. He knows me (thus the shaking of his head while laughing) - he's a great egg.
Wow, you have quite a house full !

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Oh, yes indeed! It's a crazy zoo but I love it. (Proof. Here is one of our past Christmas cards...lol) <3 We actually are parents to five kiddos (two have flown the coop and our 18 year old is still home but in college.) Not including our foster kiddos. We are licensed for sibling groups. I hate to have kids going through trauma separated so I knew that is what I wanted to get licensed for. It's always joyful chaos over here!
achristmas.jpg

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Very, very cool, Dawn......