Sprung a leak!

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Sierra Vista, AZ
There is a loose something in my misting system... I laid down for a couple minutes after work and when I woke up, there was water everywhere. Luckily I was home and none of it was near the electrical plugs, but still. Ugh!!

Every.towel.I.own.is.soaking.wet.now.

I am still cleaning up the mess and will investigate the system tomorrow morning, washing the towels now, so they will be on standby. Lol.

I will most likely manually mist the enclosure for the next few days, and try running the system over the weekend when I can watch it closely! :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Really nice when they work, really sucks when they don't. Sorry, for your problems. Hopefully it's a quick fix.

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Jacqui said:
They never leak, when your watching. :D

What's up with that!?! Must be the same phenomenon as boiling water!

Ok. One of the components of the nozzles kinda got outta whack... Pushed everything back together and I am not seeing any dripping. I have it running and keeping a close eye on it!

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
So this morning, while Flash was doing her morning laps around the enclosure.. I noticed something odd and, frankly, hysterical.... once she got to one of the nozzles, she started rubbing up against it (almost like she was scratching her butt)... which explains how the nozzle got out of whack in the first place. I know I read a thread about scratching/bumping behavior somewhere around here.. off to search!