Getting a sully!

RussianRoulette

I'd planned to get one in September but I've found one I like and will be picking him up on Saturday.
I'll be setting up his enclosure later today and I cannot express how excited I'm am!
This will be my first sully so I'll probably bombard the forums with questions and the occasional goofy picture I'm sure.

So was there anything you wish you knew before you brought your sulcata home? Anything you had to adjust within the first few weeks?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Good luck and yes, we do love pics....you can research the site for just about any question you may come up with once your tort buddy comes home...

RussianRoulette

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1407055215.081637.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1407055245.251104.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1407055259.726418.jpg

This is Rubeus Hagrid although I guess he'll take a year or two to grow into his name.
He's settled in pretty well so far my only concern is he's managed to flip himself nearly 20 times in the 12 hours I've had him. He's righted himself all but twice which I guess is a good thing but I've never known a tortoise to flip so much!
He's also pacing a bit but he was previously kept in a thin enclosure so probably isn't used to the space and will take some time to explore it thoroughly.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
:D Love the name. Looks like he has had a dry start! Make sure to have humid air, and lots of soaks. Good luck!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

RussianRoulette

Thanks, I did lots of reading (those included) before bringing him home. Is it true they don't get shell rot?
I'm currently keeping the substrate very moist, high humidity and bathing daily.