Getting a tortoise

rachelraines

Location (City and/or State)
ALABAMA
IMG_7234.jpegGetting a tortoise has been the best thing I’ve done in a long time!!! Being able to take care of him has brought me so much fulfillment! My dad passed away last year and this almost makes me feel like I have a purpose again. I’m thinking of naming him either Bernie the Burmese Star (because my dad’s dogs name was Bernie) or Tex because I’m from Texas. I never thought I’d love a reptile - but here I am! Getting him has truly been such a light spot in my life. 🤍🤍🤍 I have had so much fun setting up and building his enclosure. I have always loved gardening but now being able to incorporate gardening and my tortoise it seriously has brought me so much joy, happiness, and peace. I am so thankful for my tort and this forum! You guys are awesome!

Vancouver bc
View attachment 377780Getting a tortoise has been the best thing I’ve done in a long time!!! Being able to take care of him has brought me so much fulfillment! My dad passed away last year and this almost makes me feel like I have a purpose again. I’m thinking of naming him either Bernie the Burmese Star (because my dad’s dogs name was Bernie) or Tex because I’m from Texas. I never thought I’d love a reptile - but here I am! Getting him has truly been such a light spot in my life. 🤍🤍🤍 I have had so much fun setting up and building his enclosure. I have always loved gardening but now being able to incorporate gardening and my tortoise it seriously has brought me so much joy, happiness, and peace. I am so thankful for my tort and this forum! You guys are awesome!
Love this!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I like the name Bernie too
So glad he has done so much for you. I know the awful pain of losing a dad.
Just a heads up. If you're like most of us, you will be changing up his enclosure constantly. Not necessarily because it needs it but because it's just what so many of us do. Lol. Of course it's fun so never a job, but a good time.

_The_Beast_

Canada
Welcome to you and your new little one! I'm another vote for Bernie 😊 It works as a boy name or short for Bernice if they turn out to be a girl. Very cute pic

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
View attachment 377780Getting a tortoise has been the best thing I’ve done in a long time!!! Being able to take care of him has brought me so much fulfillment! My dad passed away last year and this almost makes me feel like I have a purpose again. I’m thinking of naming him either Bernie the Burmese Star (because my dad’s dogs name was Bernie) or Tex because I’m from Texas. I never thought I’d love a reptile - but here I am! Getting him has truly been such a light spot in my life. 🤍🤍🤍 I have had so much fun setting up and building his enclosure. I have always loved gardening but now being able to incorporate gardening and my tortoise it seriously has brought me so much joy, happiness, and peace. I am so thankful for my tort and this forum! You guys are awesome!
I vote for Bernie the Burmese. I have a Leonora the Leopard so I might be biased. Lol