Getting along?

turtlelou

5 Year Member
All of my boxies are getting along too well :). It seems strange. There are 3 males to 1 female. She isn't hiding and they aren't bothering her. 1 of the males often sleeps with her. Is it because breeding is over? Just seems too good that they are all being friendly. She has a lot of places to hide too. She is the only turtle I've ever seen be aggressive towards another. She put them in their place in the summer. She mounts them all. They haven't bothered her since. I thought maybe after hibernating they would have to be separated again.
Any thoughts :). Maybe they are just sweeties!

They all live outside here too.

turtlelou

5 Year Member
nate.mann said:
i think once breeding season picks up it will start again. i guess we'll have to see. haha

That's what I was thinking too. Its really nice seeing them all together though.
:tort: :tort: :tort: :tort:

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glendale, Arizona, USA
of course, makes it easier on you. haha

0.1.0 Russian tortoise
0.1.0 Sonoran Desert Tortoise
1.0.0 Bluenose Pit/American Bulldog

turtlelou

5 Year Member
nate.mann said:
of course, makes it easier on you. haha

0.1.0 Russian tortoise

Haha...you are right! It is much easier! Sometimes I look forever for the female. She is my favorite, so I can't stop until she is found :).

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
oh i see. haha. theres always at least one good hider.

0.1.0 Russian tortoise

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have about three males and 4 females in the garden. They all get along fine, but the alpha male is still doing his thing, even though it's almost time to hibernate. The others have slowed down, and stopped eating too.

GoMargotgo

5 Year Member
terryo said:
I have about three males and 4 females in the garden. They all get along fine, but the alpha male is still doing his thing, even though it's almost time to hibernate. The others have slowed down, and stopped eating too.

I have three males and I have been afraid of their attacking each other...is it OK to keep the males together (no female at all)?
Thanks.