Walking on egg shells!

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
As I watched Matilda tramp around this morning looking for things to eat, I noticed that she does not trample her egg shells too much. These set in there till I get new ones. They serve as a dietary thing for her and she knows when to take a few bites. every couple of weeks I guess. With them @5 bucks a dozen, neither of us will be getting any for a while....!! LOL

She's grown again....you can tell when you pick her up......She like my kids.....they used to have growth spurts too!

The orchid bark seems to be working well for everyone.....I keep it good and moist and the worms are thriving in it!

mat.jpg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
As I watched Matilda tramp around this morning looking for things to eat, I noticed that she does not trample her egg shells too much. These set in there till I get new ones. They serve as a dietary thing for her and she knows when to take a few bites. every couple of weeks I guess. With them @5 bucks a dozen, neither of us will be getting any for a while....!! LOL

She's grown again....you can tell when you pick her up......She like my kids.....they used to have growth spurts too!

The orchid bark seems to be working well for everyone.....I keep it good and moist and the worms are thriving in it!

View attachment 353484
FIVE DOLLARS A DOZEN? (she screams) Yesterday I got eggs...jumbo sized $2.39

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
FIVE DOLLARS A DOZEN? (she screams) Yesterday I got eggs...jumbo sized $2.39

View attachment 353484
I just adore her. Was it a dog that chewed on her? She looks like my Ginger100_4261.JPG

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Mags, the guys here think a RAT got to her at night. Nasty, tenacious creatures....so I brought her in.

Yeah, around here, $5 is about the norm now. Kerry lives on the shore, where a LOT of chickens are raised, Purdue among others. Supposedly there was some avian flue that infected them, but it didn't happen on the shore....no mass killings. That kind of News travels real fast over there.

Z, that was my question too!

I have one of my guys that bought chicks for his little girls, they are now selling them..."organic eggs" for $5.....LOL

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Do you boil the egg before giving her the shells?