Getting Baby Cherryhead

Hbewsher

Location (City and/or State)
NY
Hello!

So after doing alot of reading on here, and realizing that the pair I was originally planning is a bad idea, I've finalized arrangements to get this baby cherry head (image attached). This is the only image I have right now, and the breeder is Bill Murray from Redfoot Ranch in FL. I am waiting for the NY weather to warm up and for the baby to put on a little growth before he ships it out. I'm hoping to have it home by around Easter. It may be too late to ask if anyone has had experience with this breeder, but he was responsive to all of my questions (including the ones I knew the answers to) and I went with my gut.

I would like to have a small group down the road, either a trio of females or 1.3 group, depending on the gender of this one.

Am I right in assuming that if I have the proper enclosure and gender ratio, that I can expect to be able to hormoniously integrate individuals of a sexable age to create my group down the road, or does raising them together play some role in how social/aggressive/group freindly cherry heads will be? I know they are considered a semi-social species but they are also individuals. Any and all advice would be greatly appriciated. I am here to learn!

Thanks in advance,
Hannah

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-04-20-52-56.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-04-20-52-56.png
    619.2 KB · Views: 30
N

no one

Hello Hannah, welcome to the forum!! And congrats on your baby cherryhead!!

N

no one

I can imagine!! I hope you don't have to wait too long.

Hbewsher

NY
I can imagine!! I hope you don't have to wait too long.

Once we stop getting March snow storms it shouldn't be long. Just had 17 inches, and another big one on the way. It will give me time to finish getting my hatchling enclosure perfected and ready!

jacksknight

5 Year Member
Florida
Hello!

So after doing alot of reading on here, and realizing that the pair I was originally planning is a bad idea, I've finalized arrangements to get this baby cherry head (image attached). This is the only image I have right now, and the breeder is Bill Murray from Redfoot Ranch in FL. I am waiting for the NY weather to warm up and for the baby to put on a little growth before he ships it out. I'm hoping to have it home by around Easter. It may be too late to ask if anyone has had experience with this breeder, but he was responsive to all of my questions (including the ones I knew the answers to) and I went with my gut.

I would like to have a small group down the road, either a trio of females or 1.3 group, depending on the gender of this one.

Am I right in assuming that if I have the proper enclosure and gender ratio, that I can expect to be able to hormoniously integrate individuals of a sexable age to create my group down the road, or does raising them together play some role in how social/aggressive/group freindly cherry heads will be? I know they are considered a semi-social species but they are also individuals. Any and all advice would be greatly appriciated. I am here to learn!

Thanks in advance,
Hannah

Bill and Mellisa at Redfoot Ranch are great! My wife has gotten redfoots from them on two separate occasions and both times Bill has been awesome. He is very knowledgeable and truly loves what he does. Both times we went to pick up the redfoots and he gives us a tour of the grounds, shows us all the torts and turtles he has. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy from him again when we want another redfoot, which is probably going to be soon lol.

Hbewsher

NY
Bill and Mellisa at Redfoot Ranch are great! My wife has gotten redfoots from them on two separate occasions and both times Bill has been awesome. He is very knowledgeable and truly loves what he does. Both times we went to pick up the redfoots and he gives us a tour of the grounds, shows us all the torts and turtles he has. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy from him again when we want another redfoot, which is probably going to be soon lol.

That's wonderful to know. Thank you for sharing you experience!