Golden Greek for $50..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
So there was an ad on Craigslist for a Golden Greek Tortoise for $125, so I sent an email to ask about it. The lady has since sent me a text telling me I can have him for $50 if I am willing to drive 4-5 hours each way to get him. Does this sound like a good deal to anyone? I hope to post a picture later as she is suppose to text me 1 when she gets home from work. The ad is so old that I can no longer get to it to post it here so I dont know/remember the details. But I was thinking he was 6 years old. I am very nervous about buying 1 that old because I spoil Cooper so much I am afraid this new guy wont be very social and all that... What to do, what to do?? Thanks for any info/advice on the matter! Have a great day! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a pretty good price for a tortoise. It's up to you if its worth it for you to drive that far. There will, of course, be a quarantine period, so you will have two habitats set up, so if it doesn't work out for him to be with your other tortoise, then he can just stay in his quarantine habitat.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks for your input Yvonne, I knew I could count on you! But should I keep them apart anyways since Cooper is a sully? I have read so many things about mixing different kinds of tortoises but it seems most of it is bad. I WANT an Ivory some day to be with Cooper, but, money is an object... Unless Dean wants to re-home Snowflake! HAHA, wishfull thinking! She is a beauty!!! Thank you!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
That sounds like a good deal to me too. I guess you would have to keep them separate, but the Greek would never get as big as the Sully, of course.
I adopted older torts and they have a lot of personality!

The Adjustor

5 Year Member
Tucson, Az
$50 is a great deal for a golden greek. I paid 150 for mine at a reptile expo a few weeks ago. Depends on how willing you are to go for a drive though I suppose.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Did the lady selling it send you a picture? 50 is a good deal for a golden greek.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Well when you receive it, if it looks good, then go for it if you are willing to do the drive.

I once drove for a russian tortoise(free) for 3 hours near san diego so......

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, made my husband drive from ct. to pa. to get my bulldog. i would have went but broke my wrist the night before.if she for real sounds good to me. good luck, hope you get it. lindy

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I'm SOOOOO damn mad, no picture yet! So me and Cooper are laying on the bed watching tv waiting to see if the pic will come before sleepy time.... I hate waiting!!! :( :(

Cooper just after his chow time and now walking on our bed!
IMG_20111012_202333.jpg
IMG_20111012_202326.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Lynne, while I agree that people are weird (thank god :D) what person exactly do you see that Cooper is disgusted with?????

ooo oooo, never mind Lynne, I get it :D:D:D:D:D Cooper is disgusted waiting on that person with the tortoise....LOL LOL....a little slow tonight, I took a couple of the night time Excedrin....killer migraine today...so sorry about trailing behind tonight.... :D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Now I am real pissed, no pic.... and the wife asked if I was going to go get him. I said no, cause I never got a picture.... so she was cool with it even.... damn some people!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
can they text the pic to you? some people seem to have an easier time with that.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Wooooo, update! Pictures just came! Please someone look and tell me what u think PLEASE! Thank you!! So now, yes I feel bad for the being "pissed" comment. But then again they are 30 hours or so late..
Resampled952011-10-139521-06-1895597.jpg
Resampled952011-10-139521-08-2795780.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I am not an expert on greeks but it looks good smooth shell, nice beak, seems to be taken well care of, I would go for it.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Chris, he is a little cutie :D

I have just one question? I have noticed that my eyesight is getting a little funny these days (I am sure nothing to do with the over 40 thing LOL) so my question is ....on the first pic does it not look like over the rear right side of the tortoise on his shell there appears to be a weird spot...as well as on the second pic there is a weird spot on the scute near rear center on the curve???? Now, it may totally be just the pics quality or my soon to be old lady eyes....LOL

Even if those are weird spots ....he is beautiful and I am sure what ever/if anything can be taken care of.....

You are going to keep the Coop and the newbie in their own spaces, yeah?

I bet you are already on your way to making arrangements for the newbie pick up....LOL :p:p:p:p:p

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I do see a spot on the first picture, looks like an old shell injury to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.