Golden greek issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alx910

5 Year Member
Zeus is our new golden greek. We just got him and a couple of russians that were about to be abandoned to day . I'm worried about Zeus because his nose is runny and we makes really high pitched wheezy noises when he sticks his head out. Now the previous owner told us that she kept them in dry peat moss and it was super dusty and they only ate red leaf lettuce. Their water bowl was filthy and the only lamp they had was an old heat lamp from zoo med . If it is upper respiratory disease, is there a way to cure it? We greatly improved his environment of course and give him veggies and dark leafy greens every day and calcium supplements once a week . Is there medication that would help or is it better to just keep an eye on it and keep him out of too much humidity?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
You can raise his temperature to an all over 86F (day and night) for 2 weeks. This will boost his immune system and could cure the upper respiratory infection. If it hasn't in that time or he goes off food, it's time to go to a good herp vet and get him on a course of antibiotics.

Danny

Alx910

5 Year Member
Thank you. We soaked him and he seems to be doing better . I was watching him and he spends more time under the lights than the russians do . I don't know golden greeks well at all so I don't know if it's a characteristic they have or if he has some lack of Vitamin D. Poor little dude. Will definitely try the raised temp @ night and hope for the best

Olympia

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
We have golden Greek baby and she had respiratory infection, she didn't eat well and was hiding all the time and not active at all. We ended up with a very good vet, specializing in reptiles, and she got 3 injections of antibiotics once a week. We soaked her every day for 5-10 min in slightly warm water with vitamins in it. Now she is doing very well, she eats and very active.
Michal

Status
Not open for further replies.