Gopher tortoise injury

Turtlemanx

Location (City and/or State)
Ocala Fl
We are in Florida. We have a Gopher tortoise that has been living under our garage for a few years. We accidentally ran over her yesterday with a small car. I don't think the tire ran over her just the under carriage if the car. Her shell was not cracked. After a few minutes she walked back into her den. I went out and put some fresh lettuce at the entrance to her burrow. I checked back an hour later and she had eaten all the lettuce. My question is will she probably be OK? I'm really upset about it.

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
Call FWC, see if they can come out to take a look at the tortoise:

https://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/wildlife/gopher-tortoise/

REPORT SICK, INJURED OR DEAD GOPHER TORTOISES TO THE FWC!​

Sick or injured tortoise: On weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., please call (850) 921-1030. After hours and on weekends, call the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission's toll-free Wildlife Alert hotline at (888) 404-3922, or use #FWC or *FWC on your cell phone.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We are in Florida. We have a Gopher tortoise that has been living under our garage for a few years. We accidentally ran over her yesterday with a small car. I don't think the tire ran over her just the under carriage if the car. Her shell was not cracked. After a few minutes she walked back into her den. I went out and put some fresh lettuce at the entrance to her burrow. I checked back an hour later and she had eaten all the lettuce. My question is will she probably be OK? I'm really upset about it.
There is no way we can answer this without at least seeing the damage.

Turtlemanx

Ocala Fl
There was no visible damage to her shell and she got up and walked back into her burrow. I didn't take any pictures because their was nothing abnormal visible. She is now back in her den.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There was no visible damage to her shell and she got up and walked back into her burrow. I didn't take any pictures because their was nothing abnormal visible. She is now back in her den.
That is a good sign.