Injury

Hippy chick

Pearly i cant stop looking at your torts home. Its lovely. Are those plants real or artificial? Ive never seen anything like it ☘x

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
lol bless you. Oh wow Pearly that looks like tortoise heaven. Your babies are very lucky to have a momma like you. Im gona take some inspiration from your picture and make Chestnuts home as lovely as yours . Thank you xx
Take what you like/need, leave the rest out. I had poured gallons of "sweat and tears" into getting this thing covered safely without fire hazard etc. The esthetics worked much better when the babies were little and spent most time hiding. Now they are much bigger and bolder, bulldozing everything that stands in their way. Which is a good thing, but no more pretty planted terrarium:( i love that moss bcs it's soft fir their little feet and their water dish stays clean longer. Before I'd have to clean it all the time, now once a day is enough. Plus their food area stay clear of substrate which i like very much

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Pearly i cant stop looking at your torts home. Its lovely. Are those plants real or artificial? Ive never seen anything like it ☘x
Awww! So sweet of you to post such comment! Thank you! This tank used to be planted with all kinds of pretty plants but not anymore. There is only one dracaena that has survived their abuse, the rest got chewed up and trampled to death. What you see in the background (all those pretty bromeliads and ferns) is just that- a BACKGROUND. Our pet stores sell them in fish tank/terrarium section. You can probably find those on line as well. It does look better than plain see through tank doesn't it? You could do a gorgeous terrarium/vivarium but maybe with different inhabitants inside. Torties are wired to walk over everything and anything that's in their way:)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Are you feeding CRITICAL CARE solution?
When I did, I mixed it up every other day with unflavored Pedialite. I also used pea baby food with it.
The recovery was very amazing.
(I wont scare you with how much the total recovery cost.)