Grasslsnd tortoise food

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Wonderful stuff. I prefer this way over mazuri for commercial diets. I dont use either but have used both and prefer this over mazuri.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
i use it too. my female loves it alittle too much( a little fatty). i mix it with greens, veggys and flowers.

bogart20

5 Year Member
I have an Indian star tortoise. It is 5 months old. He ate mazuri before I got him and I figured he's a grassland tortoise so I figured if try this instead if mazuri. :cool:

knechtion53

5 Year Member
SF East Bay Area
I've used it for my Sullies and they loved it but it was pricy even when ordered in bulk. Mazuri is available at my local feed store and a more reasonable price. My guys love it too.

Comrad Turtles "grandma"

10 Year Member!
las Vegas, NV
any advice on how to get your tort to eat this when first introducing to him? It's only been a few days but Comrad isn't thrilled with it. He eats some if its stuck to his veggies, but otherwise tries to eat around it. I added a little water to it while getting his salad ready & then mix it with his salad. Maybe he needs a few more days???

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Comrad Turtles "grandma" said:
any advice on how to get your tort to eat this when first introducing to him? It's only been a few days but Comrad isn't thrilled with it. He eats some if its stuck to his veggies, but otherwise tries to eat around it. I added a little water to it while getting his salad ready & then mix it with his salad. Maybe he needs a few more days???

Some just dont like it, i blend strawberries and water in a blender, and soak the pellet its strawberry puree. He loves it like that, but he wont eat it plain. I usually mix one pellet into his food daily and strawberry/pellet 2x weekly

Comrad Turtles "grandma"

10 Year Member!
las Vegas, NV
Some just dont like it, i blend strawberries and water in a blender, and soak the pellet its strawberry puree. He loves it like that, but he wont eat it plain. I usually mix one pellet into his food daily and strawberry/pellet 2x weekly
[/quote]

That' s a great idea! Thank you

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
i will use this in my rotation of things. every now and then adding this just helps give more variety.

first time i fed it, i mixed it with my tortoise's favorite greens, dandelion.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Both the ZooMed Forest and Grassland products are better in terms of correct nutrional values than Mazuri. They have a higher percentage of fiber, lower protein and have a more balanced calcium to phosphorus ratio than Mazuri does. Both ZooMed products can be purchased online in bulk, usually with free shipping. The price is not much more than Mazuri in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.