Greek tort sleeping habits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Hi! We got our first tortoise, an ibera greek yearling( we named him Tortillius), last week. He seems to be healthy and eats well but I notice he sleeps most of the Time. Is this normal?
The guy I bought him from raises his torts outdoors and they have been hibernated. Mine gets out of his house around 10:30 or 11 am to walk around and eat and then usually goes back to sleep. I keep him outdoors ( i have 2 pretty big predator- proof enclosures for him)here in the Sacramento area and the weather right now is pretty nice usually in the 80's. I feed him different kinds of weeds and soaked him twice already. Pee and poop look ok. Should I be worried about his constant inactivity?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Torts take a while to get used to the new surroundings. Don't forget, he is a year old, so may take longer then a hatchling would. As long as he is eating, drinking and pooping//peeing, I would I've him some time. It could take up to a month for hatchlings, so maybe even longer for a yearling.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Yeah he is new and needs a little time to settle down a little. Plus he's only a yearling and its normal to hide from predators and sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.