greek tortoise pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyTaylor

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hello,i am new to the forum,i have been looking around here for some time,and decided to finally regester. i thought i would post some pics of my tortoise pen that i just completed.i have 1.2 greek
tortoises.i keep them indoors at nite in a waterland tub,(good sized one)and take the tortoises out in the day.we had fun putting this pen together,it wasnt very hard,and went together fairly easy.the brick was given to me,the plants and grass we bought at our local nurseries.i searched the internet for plants that were ok for tortoises,
and purchased what i could fined.it started raining right before i took these photos,thats why it looks wet.since being put outside,the tortoises seem to thrive.they eat better,and have become more active. the pic of the greek tortoise is my male.he and one of the females has alot of peach color to the skin and shell.
6-20-08b.jpg6-20-08i.jpggreekmalepeach.jpg

thank you
Randy
R BEARDED DRAGONS LAIR and other exotics
http://reptilegeeks.com/RandyTaylor
http://pets.webshots.com/album/381743835yHtokA

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum, Randy. I'm a great promoter of cinderblocks. A wonderful building medium!! Your pen looks great and there's nothing like getting them outside to make tortoises feel good.

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello Randy

Welcome to the forum. I really like your pen. What did you put in the middle of the pen? I really like the effect.

Your tortoise and the little doggy in the pics are very cute :D How old are your greeks?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Hi Randy,
The new pen looks great. :D
I was looking at your greeks (couldn't help myself :p) The male looks like a Jordanian/Antakyan cross, one female looks Jordanian and the other female looks Antakyan. If you could post straight down on carapace shots, but more from the back to the front. That would help me to be sure. :D

Danny

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
dont cinderblocks cause damage to tortoise shells when they run across it

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
jasso2 said:
dont cinderblocks cause damage to tortoise shells when they run across it

You might see a little scuffing along the edges if they walk too close to the walls, but no real damage.

Yvonne

RandyTaylor

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Isa said:
Hello Randy

Welcome to the forum. I really like your pen. What did you put in the middle of the pen? I really like the effect.

Your tortoise and the little doggy in the pics are very cute :D How old are your greeks?

before we set the cinder blocks down,we rototiled the area
and just piled the dirt up in the middle...the person i bought the greek tortoises from did not know how old they are.they are between
4.5 to 5 inches....thanks for the comments

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
RandyTaylor said:
Isa said:
Hello Randy

before we set the cinder blocks down,we rototiled the area
and just piled the dirt up in the middle...the person i bought the greek tortoises from did not know how old they are.they are between
4.5 to 5 inches....thanks for the comments

Thanks Randy

it gives me ideas for when I will make an outside enclosure for my Hermann tortoise :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Great looking enclosure Randy. Nice looking Greek. Love how you place the grass at both ends and planted the center.
Oh, and Welcome to the Forum. :D

RandyTaylor

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Crazy1 said:
Great looking enclosure Randy. Nice looking Greek. Love how you place the grass at both ends and planted the center.
Oh, and Welcome to the Forum. :D

thanks,and thank you to everyone
who has commented
Randy Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.