Greek tortoise shell rot

Noyo

Location (City and/or State)
Yerevan
Ive noticed some white stuff around its shell, and i think its shell rot. Any tips on how to get rid of it? (no reptile vets in country)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

Noyo

Yerevan
Hello everyone, extremely sorry for the late response, let me put a few things straight. When i bought this tortoise, the seller provided me with rather false information. For a few years he didnt have UV lights (dont worry, the tortoise got plenty of sunlight when i took it out) and i kept the tortoise rather dry. They currently dont have a light but i have one coming in a few weeks online.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
It looks like his shell condition is caused by dryness and it is peeling of kinda like dry skin. Do you soak him? What age is he?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ive noticed some white stuff around its shell, and i think its shell rot. Any tips on how to get rid of it? (no reptile vets in country)
That looks like damage from excessive dryness or use of the wrong type of bulb, or wrong use of the correct type of bulb.

Please read these threads for the correct tortoise housing info and make the necessary changes:

Questions are welcome.