Gritty urates or cuttle bone being passed? Or what?

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Location (City and/or State)
Finland
Agree w Wellington.. lot of hydrating foods lettuce, cactus, cucumber, maybe even a lil watermelon. And id layoff any mazuri until hes back to normal. Good luck!
I haven't gotten the mineral oil yet, but I have a question, since I laid the pellets of I have given him even more lettuce. I have had to feed him more often and he seems hungrier than usual when eating. On Friday he weighed 500g, but today only 475g, these were both after the soak. My dad took care of him in the weekend, and on Sunday he weighed 465 g (This was unfortunately before the soak, as I wasn't apparently clear enough about weighing.

Could this fluctuation be because I laid of the pellets, so he lost the weight he had gained back by eating the lettuce with pellets vs without + me and my dad underestimating how much lettuce is needed to take the loss of the pellets into account?

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
I haven't gotten the mineral oil yet, but I have a question, since I laid the pellets of I have given him even more lettuce. I have had to feed him more often and he seems hungrier than usual when eating. On Friday he weighed 500g, but today only 475g, these were both after the soak. My dad took care of him in the weekend, and on Sunday he weighed 465 g (This was unfortunately before the soak, as I wasn't apparently clear enough about weighing.

Could this fluctuation be because I laid of the pellets, so he lost the weight he had gained back by eating the lettuce with pellets vs without + me and my dad underestimating how much lettuce is needed to take the loss of the pellets into account?
How often do you usually feed the pellets? I would still feed him more variety other than just the lettuce ( just adding more lettuce for moisture content) you can still feed mazuri a couple times / week. You dont want to only feed lettuce for to long or he will be hard to get back on healthier options.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
How often do you usually feed the pellets? I would still feed him more variety other than just the lettuce ( just adding more lettuce for moisture content) you can still feed mazuri a couple times / week. You dont want to only feed lettuce for to long or he will be hard to get back on healthier options.
I used to feed him the Agrobs pellets 3 times a week. Would that still be a fine amount? I do still offer some weeds (about 1/2 lettuce and 1/2 weeds) but he will eat all the lettuce and leave some weeds behind. I do fear that it will be hard to get back to healthier options since before he came to me, grocery store foods were all that he would get.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I used to feed him the Agrobs pellets 3 times a week. Would that still be a fine amount? I do still offer some weeds (about 1/2 lettuce and 1/2 weeds) but he will eat all the lettuce and leave some weeds behind. I do fear that it will be hard to get back to healthier options since before he came to me, grocery store foods were all that he would get.
Agrobs pellets have no nutritional additives and low on protein, unlike classic Mazuri. I think they are safe to feed on daily basis. You can switch to lettuce + pellets one day and weeds on another. This way you will even out lettuce poor fiber/nutrition composition.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Agrobs pellets have no nutritional additives and low on protein, unlike classic Mazuri. I think they are safe to feed on daily basis. You can switch to lettuce + pellets one day and weeds on another. This way you will even out lettuce poor fiber/nutrition composition.
I will do that. Silly me thought that cutting off the pellets was to cut off extra fiber and thus make it easier to pass urine and feces 😁 Yes, the protein content is only 8,8% and on the hay pellets I sometimes give it is 12%.

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
Sorry, i thought u meant mazuri.