Grow Tent Enclosure

aqualungs

Location (City and/or State)
Perry, OH
Thanks. What are the dimensions? I’m looking on Amazon and not seeing that brand.
Check eBay too! I use one for our Orchids. Great idea to use a tent, ours has been holding up well over 4 years. I may go this route when my babies outgrow their 2x4 closed chamber

Romeo Serback

New Jersey
Hey [emoji16] a few weeks ago someone asked for indoor enclosure ideas and I think it was @TechnoCheese if I remember correctly who responded with the Growtent
idea.

Since that i was so intrested in trying it out myself so i bought one! As some of u know I used a plastic greenhouse as my enclosure before but the zippers on it broke so I had to do something anyway.

So here it is almost finished just need to install my uvb tube tomorrow.
Excuse the dirty water.. Littlefoot is currently exploring [emoji217][emoji106]View attachment 278212View attachment 278213View attachment 278214View attachment 278215
Where and how much is that particular one?

Doonparker26

Alpharetta
Hey [emoji16] a few weeks ago someone asked for indoor enclosure ideas and I think it was @TechnoCheese if I remember correctly who responded with the Growtent
idea.

Since that i was so intrested in trying it out myself so i bought one! As some of u know I used a plastic greenhouse as my enclosure before but the zippers on it broke so I had to do something anyway.

So here it is almost finished just need to install my uvb tube tomorrow.
Excuse the dirty water.. Littlefoot is currently exploring [emoji217][emoji106]View attachment 278212View attachment 278213View attachment 278214View attachment 278215

Looks great!! I may have to try that now!

Pointydog

West Virginia
The link is for the hydrobuilder section for kits, which are pretty pricey. the tents alone are pretty reasonable, I would think about the same cost as building a decent covered table:
https://hydrobuilder.com/grow-tents.html

In a house with good indoor temperatures in the high 60s it might be OK, but here in the winter I doubt I could keep the floor area at 85 degrees for tropical torts like my Redfoots.

A tabletop tent with shorter height would be nice, but they don't seem to offer that. The closest would be like this: https://hydrobuilder.com/grow-tents/cloning-tents/secret-jardin-crystal-room-145-5-x-5-x-5.html which is still 5' tall. All have little in the way of windows too, so you can't just look in.

It wold be nice if someone would make something like this specifically for tropical reptile habitat. It's so close....would only need some transparent sides, etra-tough base and shorter height for tabletop and heat/humidity retention. Ports for humidifier are great, as well as the zippers and it's aready waterproof.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I love this idea.
Do you think this smaller one would be OK to use as an indoor heated hide with substrate and a che on a thermostat in it for night use? (0.6 x0.6 x 0.6m - just under 2 feet cube ) £35 Amazon
Would have to make a ramp for easy tort access and exit
41aMZTOvkOL.jpg

MInd you, if I was raided by the police they'd never believe it was for a tortoise - especially if they saw my blender full of ground Readigrass in the kitchen!!

Last edited:

xMario

Germany
I love this idea.
Do you think this smaller one would be OK to use as an indoor heated hide with substrate and a che on a thermostat in it for night use? (0.6 x0.6 x 0.6m - just under 2 feet cube ) £35 Amazon
41aMZTOvkOL.jpg

MInd you, if I was raided by the police they'd never believe it was for a tortoise - especially if they saw my blender full of ground Readigrass in the kitchen!!
I think that can work.
I heat mine at night with a 100 watt che and with room temperature at 22°C I'm getting 28.1 °C without a problem.
I'm impressed how good they hold the heat and maintain it. [emoji846]

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I think that can work.
I heat mine at night with a 100 watt che and with room temperature at 22°C I'm getting 28.1 °C without a problem.
I'm impressed how good they hold the heat and maintain it. [emoji846]
Thanks, I'm trying to find a way to reduce my central heating bills by not using it at night so by having the 100w che inside a grow tent I'm hoping that would work.
Maybe I'd go for an oblong tent though so that my tort would have a cooler end in it if needed and would replace one of the vent covers with plastic door strips.
I don't have room for a large version for my pretty big leopard at the moment but a heated hide in his room could be better for him and my bills than the present set up.
I'll definitely research these more and will be busy with my tape measure today!

Romeo Serback

New Jersey
I love this idea.
41aMZTOvkOL.jpg

I wonder if they make at least a 4 ft by 4 ft one. That would be great for a hatchling to 2-3 yr old leopard.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I wonder if they make at least a 4 ft by 4 ft one. That would be great for a hatchling to 2-3 yr old leopard.
They do them in many shapes and sizes on Amazon UK- various brands- and I'm sure it would be the same for US.
My leopard is about 10 and over a foot long so I would need the largest size for an enclosure, but as a heated hide/night box the smaller ones may be ideal.
It's got to be cheaper than leaving my heating 24/7.

Romeo Serback

New Jersey
By the way, my leopard is 5 inches long at 525 grams.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190815-111102_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190815-111102_Gallery.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 24