Guessing Zayco's Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_kristyn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Okay I do not have weight... I am going to buy a scale sometime (just don't want to cause I weigh myself constantly lol) Here are the measurements of Zayco.

5 Inches Long
5 Inches Wide on measuring from the top of his shell
3 1/2 Inches Wide underneath his shell​

I am guessing he should be coming up on his second birthday.... I bought them back I want to say at the end of September. When I bought them the lady said they were around a year and half.

Attachments

• P1030014.JPG
    P1030014.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 101
  • P1030015.JPG
    P1030015.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 55

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks to me to be a little over a year of age...probably not more than 2.

Yvonne

bsr8129

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Really that old? i dont have exact measurements on mine but i would guess mine is close to that big, weight 190grams, and i thought he was about 6 months old

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I agree with Yvonne, I have two yearlings (fed a bad diet before I got them) and a 1 & 1/2 year old and they are all about the same size as yours.

miss_kristyn

5 Year Member
Texas
Thank you... I was looking at a lot of pictures of sulcata's and he is way smaller than any two year old tortoise I have seen so far. Guess the previous owner just really didn't know... but shows that is why I got him :p

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
I'm 6'4 with pretty large hands. I've never weighed mine but he's only 4 months old and growing rapidly, and I feed him very well. Not fruit or veggies. 75% grass, different grasses. Mixture of other greens.

323091.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Richalisoviejo: Cute little Sulcata. Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your picture. They're just the cutest little babies!

Yvonne

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Richalisoviejo: Cute little Sulcata. Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your picture. They're just the cutest little babies!

Yvonne

Thanks Yvonne! Just joined a few days ago and this is my first tortoise :)

Nobody

5 Year Member
Philippines
miss_kristyn said:
Okay I do not have weight... I am going to buy a scale sometime (just don't want to cause I weigh myself constantly lol) Here are the measurements of Zayco.

5 Inches Long
5 Inches Wide on measuring from the top of his shell
3 1/2 Inches Wide underneath his shell​

I am guessing he should be coming up on his second birthday.... I bought them back I want to say at the end of September. When I bought them the lady said they were around a year and half.

My sulcata is 2 years old,5 Inches in length(plastron)and weighs 250 Grams.Is this the right size a weight for a 2 year old Sulcata?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.